Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,033 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: How do you get through the day with no swappable batteries?
Charge it whenever it is low 1 100.00%
Use the phone moderately 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] How do you live with phone with non-removable battery?

Tip us?

AngryDinosaur
Old
(Last edited by AngryDinosaur; 9th May 2014 at 02:57 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 380

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] How do you live with phone with non-removable battery?

I have been using phone with removable battery and I have extra batteries that i can hot swap with. But my next phone i am seriously considering phones that doesn't have this option. (M8, OnePlus, etc.)

How do you get through the day when you can't swap out batteries?

If you can list your current phone and how you deal with low battery, that will be great.
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II
[ROM][TW4.4]*eZKAT*| Official | N3/S5 Features |
ASUS EEE PAD TRANSFORMER TF101
[ROM][JB 4.2.2] [ KatKiss-4.2.2 #226 ]
ASUS EEE PAD TRANSFORMER TF701T
[ROM]★★[JB 4.3][CROMi-X 6.1]★★

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryDinosaur View Post
I have been using phone with removable battery and I have extra batteries that i can hot swap with. But my next phone i am seriously considering phones that doesn't have this option. (M8, OnePlus, etc.)

How do you get through he day when you can't swap out batteries?

Pretty good. The phone case has a better quality on most of these phone. E.g. my HTC One S could never bee that great if it was not "unibody". For normal purpose you never need to pull out the battery. And also a "built-in" battery can be replaced by yourself, if you're a little bit technically minded.
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

backb0ne5p1d0r
Old
Thanks Meter 137

DONATE TO ME
Well the battery doesn't drain that fast. It is enough for me for the whole day.
I think if you buy a new phone the battery will last for a day unless you spend the whole day gaming on your phone. The battery life depended on your usage. I charge my phone once a day but I spend most of the time texting and on social apps (on WiFi). I have HTC One X+
And if you're worried about the phone freezing and not being able to pull the battery out to reset it, you can easily simulate a battery pull on non removable battery devices by pressing and holding two buttons for 15 seconds (Volume Up and Power most of of the time restarts the phone even when it's frozen)
If you have any more questions then feel free to ask!
& Please press the thanks button if I helped (:

Sent from my One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Please Press The Thanks button if I helped. It's free. I promise!
The Following User Says Thank You to backb0ne5p1d0r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danhatcher
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Generally speaking, non-removable batteries have higher capacities than removable ones and so there shouldn't be an issue where you're not getting at least a day of medium usage out of the device.
Having said that, I'm in a similar boat to you at the moment; I've had this 7K battery in my S3 for about a year now and going back to a 2000-3000mAh battery when I upgrade will take some getting used to.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sent via web
The Following User Says Thank You to danhatcher For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Iruwen
Old
Thanks Meter 42
You can always simply get an external battery, e.g. search for "Anker" at Amazon. They're portable and offer capacities of up to 15000mAh.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iruwen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AngryDinosaur
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 380

DONATE TO ME
Thanks guys

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II
[ROM][TW4.4]*eZKAT*| Official | N3/S5 Features |
ASUS EEE PAD TRANSFORMER TF101
[ROM][JB 4.2.2] [ KatKiss-4.2.2 #226 ]
ASUS EEE PAD TRANSFORMER TF701T