Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 49,132 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Q) Anyway to actually fix the bluetooth wake lock?

Tip us?
 
jcnbama
Old
#1  
jcnbama's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 154
Posts: 860
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Huntsville
Default (Q) Anyway to actually fix the bluetooth wake lock?

I was on another stock rom that was giving me some problems with RR's and some things so I flashed another stock T-Mobile debloated rom found here....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2688981

And now I have this hideous BT wakelock. It's really annoying. I have read a lot about it on the net but just not whether or not there is a fix for it... I don't really want to use an AOSP rom. I like the stability of stock with some exposed additives but this is kinda crazy. Really eats a lot of my battery up...





Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1399609563973.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	2733596  
If I share something helpful with you along the way, then hit the THANKS button. I am not a developer so that's all I got.

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
 
deadgiveaway
Old
#2  
deadgiveaway's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 145
Join Date: Apr 2014
Try disable service app an try to disable the running service u suspect is running ....?


Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app
 
jcnbama
Old
(Last edited by jcnbama; 9th May 2014 at 06:25 AM.)
#3  
jcnbama's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 154
Posts: 860
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Huntsville
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadgiveaway View Post
Try disable service app an try to disable the running service u suspect is running ....?


Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app
It sounds like you know what you're talking about. I'm just a little confused. Bluetooth isn't running. It's not even turned on. So, I'm not thinking it's an app. Apparently it's a known issue. I just wonder if anyone has fixed it .. Or how their dealing with it.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app
If I share something helpful with you along the way, then hit the THANKS button. I am not a developer so that's all I got.

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
 
deadgiveaway
Old
#4  
deadgiveaway's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 145
Join Date: Apr 2014
It is a bug with in kitkat its self not lg's ui

Download the service disabler app from play store

Open it and go to system apps .. scroll down to bluetooth open it and kill all blue services by clicking them ...

If you end up with any issues with bluetooth not working just revert the diaabled services .


This app works for any serice and is my best friend

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to deadgiveaway For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jcnbama
Old
#5  
jcnbama's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 154
Posts: 860
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Huntsville
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadgiveaway View Post
It is a bug with in kitkat its self not lg's ui

Download the service disabler app from play store

Open it and go to system apps .. scroll down to bluetooth open it and kill all blue services by clicking them ...

If you end up with any issues with bluetooth not working just revert the diaabled services .


This app works for any serice and is my best friend

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app
Thanks! Will do. I hardly ever use bluetooth so this will be great. So I can just re-enable the service when I want to use it! :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app
If I share something helpful with you along the way, then hit the THANKS button. I am not a developer so that's all I got.

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
 
treebill
Old
#6  
treebill's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 564
Posts: 2,119
Join Date: Jan 2011
Is it even a real wakelock I was under the impression that bug caused it to show as on when it wasn't.

Sent from my LG-D802
Our OS who art in CPU, UNIX be thy name. Thy programs run, thy syscalls done, In kernel as it is in user!

My photo blog
Tower Gamers
 
jcnbama
Old
#7  
jcnbama's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 154
Posts: 860
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Huntsville
Quote:
Originally Posted by treebill View Post
Is it even a real wakelock I was under the impression that bug caused it to show as on when it wasn't.

Sent from my LG-D802
I dunno. I asked myself the same question. I charged to 100% and then unplugged and went about 16 hours with about 5 hours screen on time before the phone turned itself off.... Others get better life. With the other kit Kat stock rom I had I went about 18 hours with 5 hours screen on time and had about 20% left.... That rom started random rebooting. Never could figure out why... If I reflash it will remove my TWRP hence why I don't just reflash that one and started using this one....

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app
If I share something helpful with you along the way, then hit the THANKS button. I am not a developer so that's all I got.

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
 
deadgiveaway
Old
#8  
deadgiveaway's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 145
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcnbama View Post
Thanks! Will do. I hardly ever use bluetooth so this will be great. So I can just re-enable the service when I want to use it! :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app

Yes
Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes