Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,252 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need some help, unable to flash roms

Tip us?

nfrederick
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Unhappy [Q] Need some help, unable to flash roms

Ok so my m8 from Verizon which has an unlocked bootloader, s-off, and is rooted with TWRP flashed and working but is unable to flash roms. I first tired to flash ViperONE but it said it failed with a status reason 7, ok thats fine lets reboot to the system, oh wait it's stuck on the white background green htc text logo. so I'm able to RUU back to stock and try to install cleanrom 1.0, failed, ok lets reboot back to system, oh wait stuck again, had to RRU back and now I don't know what the hell is going on with my phone. root checker verified root, when i boot into bootloader it says its unlocked and s-off, why can't i flash roms?

I did the weaksauce temproot and firewater exploit to get s-off.

Bellypock
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Did you perm root?

nfrederick
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellypock View Post
Did you perm root?
Yea I did, so I uninstalled just to be safe and now when I try to reflash supersu.zip through recovery it flashes ok, but then when I boot back into the OS superuser is not installed.

nfrederick
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
ok im posting back becuase the issue has been resolved. I guess I had a corrupted copy of twrp because I flashed Philz touch recovery and everything flashed perfectly.

robsonline
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrederick View Post
ok im posting back becuase the issue has been resolved. I guess I had a corrupted copy of twrp because I flashed Philz touch recovery and everything flashed perfectly.
I am still having the same issue. I can't flash any ROM. I get the Status 7 issue when flashing ViperOne. I have tried TWRP, CWM, and Philz, and I can't flash a ROM with any of them. How are you flashing your Recovery? I am wondering if flashing Recovery using Flashify is part of my problem. I this point, I am searching for any answer to this problem. I have been trying to flash a ROM since April 26th. Let me know. Thanks.

Rob
HTC One (M8) Metal Gray ViperOne v1.7.1
Samsung Galaxy SIII Pebble Blue 32GB CleanROM v8.2 VRUCML1 Radio (Heading to Swappa)
Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB CleanROM
Asus Transformer TF300T JB v4.1.1