Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,360 Members 50,014 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from sbdags: Asus Stock 10.26.1.18 rom Released for TF701T

[ROM]★★[TF701T][Asus Stock Rooted][JB 4.3 DEODEX 10.26.1.18 WW][Jan 9]★★

Tip us?

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 12,981

DONATE TO ME
Ah ok I got it. You want cromi-x not this one. I see where your confusion is now.

Zeuszoos
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Ok so you've finally made it over? Let's start again shall we. I don't understand the question. There is CROMi-X. It is not a stripped down Rom. It is an enhanced and optimized Rom rebased from Asus stock. That means is has been deodexed first and then rebuilt with*optimized tuning and performance. On top of that most things are optional so when you install its a bit like build your own Rom..... see?
Okay, you see, I'm not sure if we're dealing with two different ROMS here. The one linked to on the first page of this thread and then the CROMi-X ROM which I can get in another thread?

Or, the CROMi-X ROM is the one you were telling me about and is also the one linked to in the first message in this thread?

I think that I can ask the questions (expanded from above) that will clear it all up for both of us.

Is this Cromi-X ROM the one that you were telling me about, that can go right over my ROM and that I can select what I want to install? Or is there two ROMS (see above)?

Aother question; Is this the ROM that's linked on the first page of this thread? Or is that to a different ROM and I have to go to a different thread to get the CROMi-X (see above)?

Last question: Assuming that I am Unlocked and Rooted and have CWM on my tablet, I can just go into CWM Recovery and use the "Install from Zip" feature? There's nothing else I have to do first?

I hope this helps you understand where my confusion is.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Ah ok I got it. You want cromi-x not this one. I see where your confusion is now.
That's what I'm asking about and seeing if it is this one? Or not?

Btw, I read something about a keyboard dock issue? I'm asking, because on mine, all of the sudden, it won't type any more and the soft keyboar pops up. I have to disconnect it and reconnect it.

Is that what people were talking about as to keyboard issue?

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by collindubya View Post
after reading the tf701 unlock method, it mentions that theres an issue with external sd card mounting, can anyone confirm?? i just bought a 64gb card with my tf701 and id hate to lose the ability to mount to it
I haven't tried a 64GB card, but I can tell you that an SD Card will mount.

I can also tell you that back when I had my TF700T, I unlocked it and mounted a 64GB card no problem.

I really don't think it'll be a problem. But of course, proceed at your own risk. I'd do it though.

Trevor_g
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuszoos View Post
Btw, I read something about a keyboard dock issue? I'm asking, because on mine, all of the sudden, it won't type any more and the soft keyboar pops up. I have to disconnect it and reconnect it.

Is that what people were talking about as to keyboard issue?[COLOR="Silver"]
Yup - that's the dreaded keyboard dock issue that (I believe) most of us are experiencing. Nothing unusual, but the problem is not ROM-related and no hardware fixes exist. Imo, it doesn't negate the value of the dock however. Still very useful.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

AngryDinosaur
Old
Thanks Meter 383

DONATE TO ME
i still dont have a dock yet
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II
[ROM][TW4.4]*eZKAT*| Official | N3/S5 Features |
ASUS EEE PAD TRANSFORMER TF101
[ROM][JB 4.2.2] [ KatKiss-4.2.2 #226 ]
ASUS EEE PAD TRANSFORMER TF701T
[ROM]★★[JB 4.3][CROMi-X 6.1]★★