Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 46,158 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Downgrade from 4.4.2 KK - 4.3 JB. Help.

Tip us?

DCWolfie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Downgrade from 4.4.2 KK - 4.3 JB. Help.

First of all, I've tried searching and reading tons of forums/guides the past hours, but I can't get this to work. So please excuse me if I've missed something

I'm trying to downgrade my Xperia Z1 from (the horrible) KK update 4.4.2. to my stock 4.3 JB. I've tried flashing the following FTF's:

C6903_14.2.A.1.136_Generic Nordic NCB_1276-9897.ftf
C6903_14.2.A.0.290_Customized NCB 1276-9897 (Nordic Combined).ftf
C6903_14.1.G.1.534_1276-4314_R2A.ftf

All found here!

No one works. I keep getting bootloops (I can se the startup animation, then it restarts). I manged to get my phone working with using the orginal KK FTF (C6903_14.3.A.0.681_Generic NCB 1276-9897 (Nordic).ftf).

Could somebody please help me and figure out what the problem is? I've added my Software Info as an attachment.

Thanks for any replies!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-07-23-18-33.jpg
Views:	619
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	2674147  

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Really weird, if you flashed them correctly from Flashtool v0.9.15 they should work, check the version of your Flashtool if is correct. Also try the one (FW .534) provided by NUT for C6903, here.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DCWolfie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Really weird, if you flashed them correctly from Flashtool v0.9.15 they should work, check the version of your Flashtool if is correct. Also try the one (FW .534) provided by NUT for C6903, here.
I used Flashtool Version 0.9.15.0. and yes, I believe so.

Flashmode->Choose FTF->Wipe Appslog and Cache, uncheck Data->Flash

That looks like 4.2. FW, and a custom ROM? I would like to have the original 4.3 .

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCWolfie View Post
That looks like 4.2. FW, and a custom ROM? I would like to have the original 4.3 .
Yes, but if that will work then you will have more chance to Update via Flashtool to .136 FW 4.3 and maybe get Root too (Optional).

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

Quote:
Flashmode->Choose FTF->Wipe Appslog and Cache, uncheck Data->Flash
BTW, if you still have problems then you have to wipe Data too, it may be the issue.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DCWolfie
Old
(Last edited by DCWolfie; 8th April 2014 at 03:05 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Yes, but if that will work then you will have more chance to Update via Flashtool to .136 FW 4.3 and maybe root too (Optional).
Hm.. I'm not sure about a custom ROM, It's a road I'm not quite familiar with, if you understand .

There isn't any troubleshooting I could do that you can think of? Have i selected the right FTF for my phone? Is it actually possible to downgrade from 4.4.2. to 4.3?

EDIT:

If I'm going to delete my data, exactly WHAT am I losing? I want to know what I have to take backup of before trying that out.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Hm.. I'm not sure about a custom ROM, It's a road I'm not quite familiar with, if you understand .
It's not Custom, it's Stock, they are all Stock, but you can have Root on it.

Quote:
There isn't any troubleshooting I could do that you can think of? Have i selected the right FTF for my phone? Is it actually possible to downgrade from 4.4.2. to 4.3?
Yes, it is possible, I did many times. Check everything you downloaded or did, nobody can know that better than you-self.

Quote:
EDIT:

If I'm going to delete my data, exactly WHAT am I losing? I want to know what I have to take backup of before trying that out.
OK, then, wipe everything and make a fresh installation of 4.3, I think this will work. Backup anything what is important to you, Pictures, Vids, or Data games to not going to download them again. I don't know, wipe everything..

malamiaoki
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default HELP ME..

Hello to alls.. really need help here.. I'm a new user of Z1. Buy Z1 phone yesterday and really impress on previous adroid 4.3 version..
After upgrade to kitkat its start to annoying me.. so i start to google about this problems. now i know it was happen by kitkat.
i dont know how to do a flash.. which flash tool are suittable for Z1 right now?
i search for my country firmware on xda.developer and i could't find it..

i really want to get rid this kitkat off from my z1..
PLEASE HELP ME...

customization version - 1276-7939-R3C

sorry about my poor english.. :smileyexclaim:

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamiaoki View Post
Hello to alls.. really need help here.. I'm a new user of Z1. Buy Z1 phone yesterday and really impress on previous adroid 4.3 version..
After upgrade to kitkat its start to annoying me.. so i start to google about this problems. now i know it was happen by kitkat.
i dont know how to do a flash.. which flash tool are suittable for Z1 right now?
i search for my country firmware on xda.developer and i could't find it..

i really want to get rid this kitkat off from my z1..
PLEASE HELP ME...

customization version - 1276-7939-R3C

sorry about my poor english.. :smileyexclaim:
You will find all on XDA just by searching the right Words.

You have to use "Flashtool v0.9.16", download the FTF from "Mega Collection" for your Model (C6902/3/6). Download the FTF "Generic" or "Commercial", the customization have nothing to do with that, put that FTF in the Folder of Flashtool, Run Flashtool, Flash, select the right FTF, put your Phone in "Flashmode" and when Flashtool asking connect the phone via USB to PC, Wipe everything Data, Cashe, Appslog. Done.

Do not ask for step by step, all what you have to know I already wrote.

Clik Thanx.

TRENDING IN THEMER...