Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 45,777 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Li-Po battery study

Tip us?

tumpin
Old
(Last edited by tumpin; 9th May 2014 at 03:36 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Thumbs up Li-Po battery study

Interesting write up on the best way to charge Li-Po batteries. Scroll down to "What the user can do" if you want to skip the science bit. Basically running till empty is the WRONG thing to do according to this study..
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries
Another interesting thing mentioned is how charging rate affects battery health. The faster the charge the more stress on the battery. Could the slow charge rate of the Z2 be Sony cleverly trying to lengthen our battery health? Maybe!
__
Sony W810i - One of the best phones ever. Sony X1 - Terrible, threw it away. Palm Pre - Nice OS, poor hardware. Samsung Galaxy S - Sweet! Pity about the lag. Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Really great! Nexus 7 3G - My hero! Samsung Ativ S - Incredible battery life! Nokia 1020 - Camera is immense.

donedos
Old
(Last edited by donedos; 9th May 2014 at 04:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 58

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumpin View Post
Interesting write up on the best way to charge Li-Po batteries. Scroll down to "What the user can do" if you want to skip the science bit. Basically charging to empty is the WRONG thing to do according to this study..
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries
Another interesting thing mentioned is how charging rate affects battery health. The faster the charge the more stress on the battery. Could the slow charge rate of the Z2 be Sony cleverly trying to lengthen our battery health? Maybe!
I am practicing this on Li-Po batt.. Common practice is to drain the battery before charging but its not the case for Li-po batteries.. Thanks for sharing, helpful info.