Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 47,088 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G2 D803 with com.android.systemui stopped loop

Tip us?

shaynenoel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] LG G2 D803 with com.android.systemui stopped loop

OK, first off, thanks for all the reading over the years. I have learned a ton and have no issues with countless other devices, tablets and phones. I have though an LG G2 D803 that was on Bell (unlocked and using on Telus. I was happy with it but the Wifi issue (it looses Wifi passwords on every reboot) was killing me. SO I found the solution online and it was to root, then edit the build.prop. I rooted and had SuperSu (chainfire) and installed a whack of the build.prop editors from the market place. For some reason the line I tried to edit would either not edit, or the edit was incomplete. Here is the text

wifi.lge.patch=true

and i edited it to

wifi.lge.patch=fals

Notice the "e" missing on the end, and after that, when I rebooted the phone and its been in the loop of com.android.systemui has stopped ever since. I have hard reset, which has royally f*%@ed me, as now I dont have usb debugging, I cannot connect with adb, and when I try and set up the phone, as its now at the "welcome" new device set up, it gets as far as the name and then the "lgsetupwizard has stopped" crashes and right back to where I started at "welcome"

I have tried the http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=36351786 but no usb debugging so no dice, and I have tried all kinds of stuff, cannot find a .tot that is for a d803 to flash the other way.

Just so I can say the whole thing, I did try and adb edit the build.prop, it pulled one , and I edited it, and it never let me mount rw, so I was stuck, It was a moment of desperation that led to me read the hard reset, not thinking it would cut my options but rather wipe and be back at stock.

A few points:
It boots into safe mode same error, and when I boot into download mode, its still says rooted.

Please throw me a bone on the LG, its time like these I wish it was a samsung...

Thanks in advance.

deadgiveaway
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Can you boot to download mode ?

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app

shaynenoel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Download mode

I can boot into download mode for sure. It also says Rooted in red in the bottom when I do, so I assume that I have not lost root even though I did the hard reset/wipe.