Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more
Post Reply

[Q] ROMs which has Complete Privacy Free from Bloatwares

OP LemonNCheese

6th May 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Dear Developers,
Since a long time I have been wondering if there are any Project ongoing to create ROM which is independent to any of Google's/any other kind of Services. Indeed It sounds foolish but what I think is:
* Gmail being default email Client reading your mails
* Google Maps Knowing each Second exactly where you are.
* Chrome reading your Browser history.
* App with access to Contacts in Phone
* App who know our Location
* App which read our Messages
* Call Logs
* Apps with access to anything User Personnel

I have no experience of the Coding but is it really impossible to avoid any of the Interference of these Big Companies. I read that Microsoft Mobile OS are concerned about End Users Privacy.
What I mean is that are there any ROMs which are concerned for absolute Privacy?
If not shouldn't we look forward to them.
7th May 2014, 07:45 AM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonNCheese

Dear Developers,
Since a long time I have been wondering if there are any Project ongoing to create ROM which is independent to any of Google's/any other kind of Services. Indeed It sounds foolish but what I think is:
* Gmail being default email Client reading your mails
* Google Maps Knowing each Second exactly where you are.
* Chrome reading your Browser history.
* App with access to Contacts in Phone
* App who know our Location
* App which read our Messages
* Call Logs
* Apps with access to anything User Personnel

I have no experience of the Coding but is it really impossible to avoid any of the Interference of these Big Companies. I read that Microsoft Mobile OS are concerned about End Users Privacy.
What I mean is that are there any ROMs which are concerned for absolute Privacy?
If not shouldn't we look forward to them.

Why don't you try not flashing gapps and use stock AOSP ROMs?
7th May 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrohit7

Why don't you try not flashing gapps and use stock AOSP ROMs?

Hello rohit,
Do you mean. ROMs which come by Default in Mobile. Then these also contain Third Party apps and Google Services.... Synchronizing everything.
I was hoping if there is a way of Simply avoiding any of Data Sharing.
8th May 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonNCheese

Hello rohit,
Do you mean. ROMs which come by Default in Mobile. Then these also contain Third Party apps and Google Services.... Synchronizing everything.
I was hoping if there is a way of Simply avoiding any of Data Sharing.

Flash just CM or AOKP or Slim etc and don't flash gapps. You're free from everything.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamrohit7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 01:56 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrohit7

Flash just CM or AOKP or Slim etc and don't flash gapps. You're free from everything.

Thanks, I would search some for my Explorer.
Would you like to suggest me any?
8th May 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Cyanogenmod or any AOSP ROM should be just fine.
9th May 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
my suggestion is XPrivacy here is the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...ivacy-t2320783
and AFWall+ link https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...anth.ufirewall

The Following User Says Thank You to muraari4u For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Pico (Explorer) Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank