[Q] [GT-P5110] Bootloop and EFS problem

Search This thread

auleco

May 8, 2014
Hello,
I write this call for help after many searchs on internet, without success ... I own a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110, I recently wanted to install android 4 on it, but it turns that i was wrong version ; that i took was for the galaxy p5100...
Seeing it wasn't working (blocked on bootscreen), i installed, by odin, a stock rom from samsung, to start from scratch.
And there, the trouble began...
Tablet remained blocked on startup (with samsung logo), i left load for 3 days, without success. I went into the recovery, wanting to do a factory reset, i got the message "E: unable to mount '/efs' ". I tried many stocks roms, repartitioned with pit file .. And nothing :crying:
I unfortunately didn't backup of folder "efs" (i didn't know what it is before this problems), and i saw it wasn't well seen to ask other's backups, yet i don't see any other solutions ... Especially since my tablet is devoid of any smart operator (because imei is problematic in general) .. Therefore not possible blacklisting .. Finally, if there another solution i haven't seen ... HELP !! :laugh:
Good evening with your tablets that work........

PS : Sorry for my english, i'm french ... :D

ZaldhyDarwin

Jan 19, 2014
Makassar
Hello,
I write this call for help after many searchs on internet, without success ... I own a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110, I recently wanted to install android 4 on it, but it turns that i was wrong version ; that i took was for the galaxy p5100...
Seeing it wasn't working (blocked on bootscreen), i installed, by odin, a stock rom from samsung, to start from scratch.
And there, the trouble began...
Tablet remained blocked on startup (with samsung logo), i left load for 3 days, without success. I went into the recovery, wanting to do a factory reset, i got the message "E: unable to mount '/efs' ". I tried many stocks roms, repartitioned with pit file .. And nothing :crying:
I unfortunately didn't backup of folder "efs" (i didn't know what it is before this problems), and i saw it wasn't well seen to ask other's backups, yet i don't see any other solutions ... Especially since my tablet is devoid of any smart operator (because imei is problematic in general) .. Therefore not possible blacklisting .. Finally, if there another solution i haven't seen ... HELP !! :laugh:
Good evening with your tablets that work........

PS : Sorry for my english, i'm french ... :D

what recovery currently installed on ur device now?
if its stock recovery than you need to install custom recovery like twrp or cwm

ZaldhyDarwin

Jan 19, 2014
Makassar
Yeah great!
Enjoy your tablet buddy ;)
Dont forget to make a nandroid backup sometimes :)

Sent from my GT-P3100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    im glad to hear that buddy :cool: now you can flash the rom?
    hmm hit thanks button if i helped :D :cowboy: