Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 45,028 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

stock s4 browser for s5

Tip us?

emerson julien
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default stock s4 browser for s5

Has anyone figured out how to successfully install the s4 app to the s5?

Hobson318
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerson julien View Post
Has anyone figured out how to successfully install the s4 app to the s5?
Out of curiosity, what does the S4 stock browser do that is different and/or better than Chrome? The stock browser on the S3 didn't seem to do anything different than Chrome from what I could tell. Not sure if that is different on S4 as I skipped that one.

Mr. bird
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobson318 View Post
Out of curiosity, what does the S4 stock browser do that is different and/or better than Chrome? The stock browser on the S3 didn't seem to do anything different than Chrome from what I could tell. Not sure if that is different on S4 as I skipped that one.
It plays embedded youtube videos without problem. Some on chrome have audio problems, either no audio or it comes out of the ear speaker instead of the rear. That's one thing I can think of that's better

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

emerson julien
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Stock S4 Browser for S5

Well I like the ability to scroll through pages using the sensors like on the s4. I have enabled the hidden features that they have blocked on the s5 with Any Cut. I have shortcuts for Air gestures, Air view, Air wake up, Android beam, Motion settings, Smart Scroll, Download booster and Notification Access. Chrome is ok but I would like to side load the Stock Browser APK. Any help is well appreciated. Thank you

jharo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Chrome doesn't support Flash Player. Some web pages still use it, and it's annoying when I get a pop up saying I can't view something.