Ask a question

No registration required

Kitkat Root lost afraid to Flash back

OP cwliias

9th May 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
So obviously upgrading to KitKat i lost my root.... WUPS, I'm slightly terrified to flashing back to 4.3 as i haven't found a real solid Tut on it yet.

How long do you guys thing till there will be a root available for kitkat? Any ETA?

EDIT: I'm sure there is another thread on this... I have a broken hand and 2 broken fingers on my good hand, so this alone has taken my 5 min to type and I just cant be asked to search 100 threads.

A good Flash to 4.3 tutorial would be amazing also
Last edited by cwliias; 9th May 2014 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Updated
9th May 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bel Air
Thanks Meter: 53

445 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwliias

So obviously upgrading to KitKat i lost my root.... WUPS, I'm slightly terrified to flashing back to 4.3 as i haven't found a real solid Tut on it yet.

How long do you guys thing till there will be a root available for kitkat? Any ETA?

EDIT: I'm sure there is another thread on this... I have a broken hand and 2 broken fingers on my good hand, so this alone has taken my 5 min to type and I just cant be asked to search 100 threads.

And you're going to attempt to root a phone?

The first page of the general section has several threads on the subject.

Cracking a code... which is what's involved in developing a root method is not the same as building a house. Cracking a code has many variables and dead ends, compared to building a house which is pretty straightforward. It's generally considered bad form to ask a developer how long it will take him to finish a project, especially since he or she isn't feeding their family from the effort.

If it can be done, it will be. Patience is key.
9th May 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #3  
Flag Glen Allen
Thanks Meter: 4

19 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwliias

There is an available root for 4.3
I googled one for you and I tested it and it works:
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/root-galaxy-s4-snapdragon-600-exynos-5-android-4-3-without-warranty-void-1431730

This also makes it so that knox does not detect void so it's a very solid one.

Also, I recommend that you do a full wipe with odin before you do it, then upgrade it to 4.3 and then root it.
You can find full wipe instructions right here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread