Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 51,381 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wifi Calling working but Off Under More Networks (Answered)

Tip us?

Lorettaa
Old
Thanks Meter 36
no dropcalls for me with steps you have given

CravingMender9
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keydas View Post
Standing right next to the router I have full bars.
That is weird. I tried your steps, I couldn't recreate the problem. Just to make sure, I was talking about the phone network signal, not Wifi signal.
If the bars were becoming 0, there is a fix. But otherwise, it may be a faulty unit. You can try and get it replaced.

BTW, try this and see if it helps: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2698329
Note 3, You Beast
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CravingMender9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lorettaa
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Thanks man! Gonna try this

Keydas
Old
(Last edited by Keydas; 25th April 2014 at 06:04 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Rahulisola, thanks for the link. I was able to fix the issue by doing a factory reset. Not sure what caused it but now I can disable wifi and the call stays connected. Although I found it odd that wifi calling was forced enabled during the reset while I was setting up the wifi network. Disabling it after the factory reset setup did prove it was really off this time. I also noticed that I'm not seeing "HD Voice" which I know assume is related to wifi calling. As I've seen HD Voice whenever I was within my wifi range during a call.

Also, Lorettaa thanks for looking into this as well. I really don't know what caused the problem but I'm glad it's fixed now . No more of pitched ring backs while making a call. And no more odd echo voices when talking. And most importantly no dropped calls.

CravingMender9
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keydas View Post
Rahulisola, thanks for the link. I was able to fix the issue by doing a factory reset. Not sure what caused it but now I can disable wifi and the call stays connected. Although I found it odd that wifi calling was forced enabled during the reset while I was setting up the wifi network. Disabling it after the factory reset setup did prove it was really off this time. I also noticed that I'm not seeing "HD Voice" which I know assume is related to wifi calling. As I've seen HD Voice whenever I was within my wifi range during a call.

Also, Lorettaa thanks for looking into this as well. I really don't know what caused the problem but I'm glad it's fixed now . No more of pitched ring backs while making a call. And no more odd echo voices when talking. And most importantly no dropped calls.
Glad that it is solved. Usually I always do factory reset 1st and ask anyone with problems to do that too. My bad, I assumed you had already done it. Must be some other thread. Too much work catching up on me

Anyways, enjoy your fixed Note 3
Note 3, You Beast