Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,519 Members 38,115 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No data/MMS on Sun Dream's ROM?

Tip us?

shenaenae
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] No data/MMS on Sun Dream's ROM?

Hi everyone would love some help if possible...I had flashed Sun Dream's ROM a few weeks back and everything was working great except for Search and MMS...so I tried wiping and reflashing today, and now it seems data isn't working...when I flashed the ROM the first time, I was getting the 4G icon and data arrows, but now in Settings it shows Mobile Data as "Disconnected".

I've tried turning that or Airplane mode on/off, rebooting several times (with pulled battery), editing APN settings to no avail. Anyone know what to do here?

I sort of remember the first time around that some stuff wasn't quite working when I first flashed but then it did (like push notifications)...wondering if this is going to be like that (and why...)

kcipopnevets
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenaenae View Post
Hi everyone would love some help if possible...I had flashed Sun Dream's ROM a few weeks back and everything was working great except for Search and MMS...so I tried wiping and reflashing today, and now it seems data isn't working...when I flashed the ROM the first time, I was getting the 4G icon and data arrows, but now in Settings it shows Mobile Data as "Disconnected".

I've tried turning that or Airplane mode on/off, rebooting several times (with pulled battery), editing APN settings to no avail. Anyone know what to do here?

I sort of remember the first time around that some stuff wasn't quite working when I first flashed but then it did (like push notifications)...wondering if this is going to be like that (and why...)
Which ROM of sun_dream are we talking here?
I'MANUTCASEANDALLILISTENTOISMETAL
HTC Rezound, BROKEN
Droid MAXX XT1080M("DEV"), KitKat stock, UNLOCKED(!!!!!!!!!) and rooted
GWAR \m/ (-'__'-) \m/

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 433

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenaenae View Post

Several of @sun_dream's ROMs are GSM only, no CDMA support, meaning they don't work on Verizon... are you on Verizon or a GSM carrier?
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Official Beanstalk)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

shenaenae
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks all for your responses - it's this one: [ROM][Sense4.1+4.5+5.0]【GSM/WCDMA/LTE】+【Global】+【CDMA/LTE】

But...it looks like data is working now, and I got a text from an iPhone user...which I previously was not able to open (since they are all MMS's). So it looks like all my issues are resolved. Kinda like I alluded to in the OG post, after the ROM settled it seemed to be fine...I still don't get why that happens...I just panicked since it seemed like there was no data for several hours.

shenaenae
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
Several of @sun_dream's ROMs are GSM only, no CDMA support, meaning they don't work on Verizon... are you on Verizon or a GSM carrier?
Sorry - forgot to respond to this - I am Verizon - I posted the ROM link in my previous post which does work with CDMA and is working for me now. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to shenaenae For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]