Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,842 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto G ClockWorkMod Problems

Tip us?

SPS828
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Moto G ClockWorkMod Problems

Hi everybody, I recently rooted and installed ClockWorkMod through ROM Manager on my Moto G. I was going to flash Cyanogenmod 11 but CWM didn't recognized root for some reason. So I unrooted the phone and kept CWM because I couldn't find the stock recovery. Yesterday I decided to try flashing Cyanogenmod again but I also wanted to reflash CWM because mines wouldn't dectect root so I plugged it into my PC, ran the 1-click installer for CWM and when I boot to recovery it boots into Fastboot instead and boots into Android 5 seconds later no matter what I select. Can anyone help me fix this problem?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Thanks Meter 729
Flash a recovery through fastboot

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to ATRIXXIRTA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SPS828
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRIXXIRTA View Post
Flash a recovery through fastboot

I flashed CWM through fastboot but still nothing. I held down power and volume down to get into recovery but instead it went into fastboot and when I select Recovery it boots into Android. BTW I'm on 4.4.2 GPe.

Fede37
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Did you try flashing supersu through cwm? That should root it

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app

SPS828
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've actually decided to factory reset and start from scratch but the phone keeps rebooting when i try to reset it. I guess that means new Moto G

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Thanks Meter 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS828 View Post
I've actually decided to factory reset and start from scratch but the phone keeps rebooting when i try to reset it. I guess that means new Moto G
You do know that when you make your selection when in recovery you use volume up to select, not power

Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.

robin0800
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS828 View Post
I flashed CWM through fastboot but still nothing. I held down power and volume down to get into recovery but instead it went into fastboot and when I select Recovery it boots into Android. BTW I'm on 4.4.2 GPe.
Not certain CWM works with GPE this one does

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639583
:
Robin0800