Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help! Need to verify this SONY charger are genuine or not!!!!

OP BlackSoulxxx

7th May 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #1  
Hi everyone, I just got my brand new Sony EP880 charger from Ebay. However that's charger look suspicious and feel not solid to me. The Sony logo on that and the spec are writed in totally different layout. Cant verify it as genuine or not!!!! Pls help
First pic: That's the charger I need to verify. Look very suspicious
Second pic: My original charger from Sony Z1 box
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0004.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	253.8 KB
ID:	2730805   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0005.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	265.7 KB
ID:	2730806  
Last edited by BlackSoulxxx; 7th May 2014 at 06:42 PM.
7th May 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

72 posts
This is my original Z1 charger, I cannot be of any more help than this. I don't know for sure if the one you bought from Ebay is fake or not, seems a bit off to me, couldn't say why though, maybe the scan image looks a bit strange, but I might be wrong.

EDIT:

Looking more closely at my image and yours, the Sony logo on the Ebay one is way different, the print of the word "Charger" is also not well aligned, it's got the letters up and down in the same line. Don't know, but it doesn't look exactly right to me.

Also, on the S/N line, at the end of that line, on the original ones (yours and mine there is written SEM0600.1, on the one from Ebay, there is only SEM0600. Again, don't know for sure, but it's just looking suspicious indeed.
Last edited by Aegethir; 7th May 2014 at 08:04 PM.
8th May 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #3  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 617

2,984 posts
It can be fake as from china on eBay there is a tons of this crap and Yes, the charger do not look right but maybe a Quality Supervisor at Sony Company didn't mind about unlined letters..lol...

I will send it back whit some excuse that the charger do not work...

I posted mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02007.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	2732326  
Last edited by eclyptos; 8th May 2014 at 03:27 PM.
8th May 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #4  
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 21

107 posts
More
Hey @eclyptos ... How is it that i always find atleast one post from u in any thread in the Z1 forum....u must love xda

Sent from my C6902
9th May 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #5  
Planet Earth

2,984 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sruba209

Hey @eclyptos ... How is it that i always find atleast one post from u in any thread in the Z1 forum....u must love xda

I do my best.
9th May 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
More
Your charger is genuine, at least for me.

I have both type of charger seen in this topic. Looking at the end of the line beginning with "S/N", the OP charger ends with SEM0600, while with the others end with SEM0600.1.

The charger that was provided with my phone is a SEM0600.1, the one I bought from Amazon Fr (http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B009...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) is a SEM0600. And they both have a different "Sony" logo.
9th May 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #7  
Planet Earth

2,984 posts
....or maybe it's a well made fake!

BTW, if you don't have problems in charging your phone I will not be worry about it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread