Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,073 Members 45,273 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wired headset button keeps launching/playing ringtones with stock music app.

Tip us?

X82X
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Question [Q] Wired headset button keeps launching/playing ringtones with stock music app.

AS the title would suggest, I'm having a small issue with my headset button.
I got my G2 today and while excellent, my previous phone, HTC One, would react perfectly to the headset button.
I use doggcatcher often and when pressing the button on the One, the podcast would play or pause perfectly. I could remove my headset and an hour later connect it back, hit the button and back playing where it left off.

With the G2 the damn music app keeps playing and it will play the choir ringtones. Even if I am playing a podcast in Doggcatcher and I hit the button the music player will interrupt Doggcatcher to play the ringtone.

Is there a fix for this? Or a way to disable the build in stock music player which I will NEVER use.

X82X
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Solved it

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

clayof2day
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default What was the fix?

What was the fix for this? I am having a similar issue, but my headset will only launch the dialer and I can't figure out how to make ANY music or podacst app respond to my wired headset button.