Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,847 Members 53,747 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Some notifications interrupt music

Tip us?

alete89
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Unhappy [Q] Some notifications interrupt music

I know, I've seen this question in every forum, I googled it thousands of times, but I never found a successful answer, so here I am asking it in the best place I could.
SMS, Gmail, Telegram and other apps (like games) notifications always interrupt music from every player app in the playstore, this is even more annoying when you are listening to FM Radio, where it takes a few seconds to re-tune. Most of them don't have any "focus" settings, and if they have they don't work like they should. Contrary Whatsapp notifications DO NEVER interrupt music or decrease volume, that's the behavior I want for every notification.
I tested it on: Stock 2.3.6, 4.1.2, HarshJelly 4.1.2, CMx 4.1.2, CM11 4.4 (by tC).
The workarounds suggest to put the phone in silence or vibrate mode, that isn't what I want, clearly.
So, does anybody know how to help me to be a happier person?
Thanks!

dagger
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by alete89 View Post
I know, I've seen this question in every forum, I googled it thousands of times, but I never found a successful answer, so here I am asking it in the best place I could.
SMS, Gmail, Telegram and other apps (like games) notifications always interrupt music from every player app in the playstore, this is even more annoying when you are listening to FM Radio, where it takes a few seconds to re-tune. Most of them don't have any "focus" settings, and if they have they don't work like they should. Contrary Whatsapp notifications DO NEVER interrupt music or decrease volume, that's the behavior I want for every notification.
I tested it on: Stock 2.3.6, 4.1.2, HarshJelly 4.1.2, CMx 4.1.2, CM11 4.4 (by tC).
The workarounds suggest to put the phone in silence or vibrate mode, that isn't what I want, clearly.
So, does anybody know how to help me to be a happier person?
Thanks!
There is an xposed module which does exactly what you need..
I just can't remember it's name.
Search the modules and you will definitely find it..

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

alete89
Old
(Last edited by alete89; 4th March 2014 at 12:04 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
I'll look again

Edit: no, I couldn't find it, would you please check it's name and help me? @dagger
Thanks!

elmanzon
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by alete89 View Post
I'll look again

Edit: no, I couldn't find it, would you please check it's name and help me? @dagger
Thanks!
I think this is the module the previous poster was referring to:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=46375516
Tags
interrupt, music, notifications