Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,368 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ROM Updating

Tip us?

SrebX
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default ROM Updating

Hey, so I've been using the same ROM for quite a while now [Blade Elite v1.1] ... about 8 months to be exact, and I haven't updated nothing since then... Not hboot, recovery, Android version [4.1 currently] or whatever ... :3

I'd like to update to a latest version no-sense light ROM with some the best battery life possible... can anyone help me out on which ROM should I go for? what do I need to update in order to do that?

Thanks in advance

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8,442

DONATE TO ME
You need a Hboot at least 1.31 or higher. With that you can install any custom rom out here. Which one ? That's a decision you have to make. We are not going to compare roms or tell you which is the best because it all comes down to personal preferences !

Also note that comparison threads are not allowed on xda
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SrebX
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs View Post
You need a Hboot at least 1.31 or higher. With that you can install any custom rom out here. Which one ? That's a decision you have to make. We are not going to compare roms or tell you which is the best because it all comes down to personal preferences !

Also note that comparison threads are not allowed on xda
Actually knowing that my hboot is updated got me through it all.... Thanks a lot for the quick answer

And apologies, I didn't mean for anyone to break a law and didn't ask for comparisons, just recommendations ...

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8,442

DONATE TO ME
Was a heads up many people don't know that rule and recommendations will most likely end up in comparing

Cheers.