[Q] About the upcoming OTA

8th May 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Reno
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
More
I've heard rumors that we will be receiving 4.4.2. I was wondering if there's any chance that we'll be rootable after this update.
8th May 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #2  
Flag Asheville
Thanks Meter: 10

112 posts
More
ive heard that every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings.
9th May 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #3  
Flag Saint Paul, MN
Thanks Meter: 12

75 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_199

I've heard rumors that we will be receiving 4.4.2. I was wondering if there's any chance that we'll be rootable after this update.

Yeah, so umm... that's not going to happen. I mean, ****, we can hope and dream and whatnot, but I seriously doubt it. They'd have to open up a new update

EDIT:
I meant to say, the new firmware would have to open up a new exploit somewhere, and since 4.4.2 doesn't have any known exploits for any other platforms, I don't think it'll happen for us either.
Last edited by Jumnhy; 10th May 2014 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Apparently I never actually finished my post before
The Following User Says Thank You to Jumnhy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th May 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 35

241 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_199

Moto X DE here
when we got the update, some who were rooted with slapmymoto were able to keep "root" when taking the OTA, however the update re-enabled write-protection which means most of what root is good for is lost.

Some people report that they can use xposed modules with soft-reboots, but if you do a hard reboot you will have to re-install the framework and soft-reboot to get it back working.

If you want root and currently have it, block the update. (unless you have unlocked the boot-loader when it was previously available from 3rd parties, then you can ignore this post)
The Following User Says Thank You to Teksu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread