Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,551 Members 37,540 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] install Philz recovery over TWRP

Tip us?

born_fisherman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 200
Default [Q] install Philz recovery over TWRP

I'm currently running a custom G Pro ported KitKat ROM and TWRP. I'd like to try a different ported ROM, but I have Loki issues and Philz should get me around that. However, I can't get philz to flash over TWRP - I keep getting errors after flashing the recovery zips and end up going back into the ROM and using AutoRec to reinstall TWRP.

Any tried and true methods someone can recommend to install philz over TWRP with KitKat?

I'm not opposed to using ADB and pushing files over if that's what it takes.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

skulldreamz
Old
Thanks Meter 389

DONATE TO ME
Have you tried the app flashify from the playstore. It will actually download any recovery you want and then flash it for you among other very nice features. Try that if you haven't yet and if that doesn't work use terminal emulator to dd the image. Just extract the .img from the recovery and put it on your sdcard and rename the extracted image to recovery.img and in terminal emulator type su > enter, then type dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery and hit enter. You should see some numbers saying records processed in + out and it will show a certain amount of time. Then that means you typed everything correctly and type reboot recovery and you should be in your recovery of choice. Hope that helped

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app