Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,188 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S4 I9505 no 3G but only G

Tip us?

Brownie2k
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedaturka View Post
i tried, found 3 providers network, connected and then returned to mine, didnt work. im still thinking that the imei has something to do with it.
thanks for trying again man. appreciate it
Did you say that the IMEI number shown in Android is different than the one printed behind the battery?
If so, that says to me that the phone was once reported stolen at one point, blacklisted and someone has changed the IMEI number to get it off the blacklist and back on the network.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4
Rom: Stock Rooted
Android: 4.4.2 (KitKat)
Knox: 0x1

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5
Rom: Stock
Knox: 0x0

Vedaturka
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie2k View Post
Did you say that the IMEI number shown in Android is different than the one printed behind the battery?
If so, that says to me that the phone was once reported stolen at one point, blacklisted and someone has changed the IMEI number to get it off the blacklist and back on the network.
wow never thought that.. so how am i turning it back to the original imei? any idea? i searched for that too, but no luck.. im stucked with this.. paying for 3g but getting only g and its taking ages even to connect to google.com...

Brownie2k
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedaturka View Post
wow never thought that.. so how am i turning it back to the original imei? any idea? i searched for that too, but no luck.. im stucked with this.. paying for 3g but getting only g and its taking ages even to connect to google.com...
Well, the IMEI number behind the battery will be the phones proper IMEI number.
I think the only way you'll find out if it's been reported stolen is to contact your network and give them the IMEI on the phone (behind the battery) and ask them. Or you could pay for an online check. I'm sure theres a few companies that offer online checks. Keep in mind if the original IMEI is blacklisted, you won't be able to get it removed. Only the person who reported it stolen, and can provide proof it was theirs when it was reported can get it removed.

I'm not too sure how you'd go about changing it back to it's original IMEI, but if the original IMEI has been blacklisted, then as soon as you do change it back, you won't be able to use your phone at all. All data/voice services will stop working.

Vedaturka
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie2k View Post
Well, the IMEI number behind the battery will be the phones proper IMEI number.
I think the only way you'll find out if it's been reported stolen is to contact your network and give them the IMEI on the phone (behind the battery) and ask them. Or you could pay for an online check. I'm sure theres a few companies that offer online checks. Keep in mind if the original IMEI is blacklisted, you won't be able to get it removed. Only the person who reported it stolen, and can provide proof it was theirs when it was reported can get it removed.

I'm not too sure how you'd go about changing it back to it's original IMEI, but if the original IMEI has been blacklisted, then as soon as you do change it back, you won't be able to use your phone at all. All data/voice services will stop working.
i checked the imei writing in the phone, and here is the result
imei.info/phonedatabase/2500-sony-ericsson-k530/ (copy paste pls. i cant send the link because im new here)
i actualy have a sony ericson which i didnt know
maybe the provider is seeing my phone as sony ericson, and that phone doesnt support 3G... hmmm now i have to find a way to change the imei.
if its reported, then i come back to this

Brownie2k
Old
Thanks Meter 57
That's your problem right there. Your phone has likely been reported stolen in the past and someone has changed the IMEI to allow it back on the network.

It's possible that the phone who's IMEI has been taken doesn't support 3G so network isn't providing it to your phone.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app