MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

LTE Problem

27th April 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92

395 posts
More
Ever since I took OTA update I cannot get the LTE to stay locked on it keeps going back to 3g. My wife has the same phone and hers stays in LTE. So I know it isn't the towers. She took the OTA update also. The only difference is mine is rooted on the new KK. Anyone else have that problem? Sorry I'm on Verizon Network VS980 4gG LTE
Last edited by dkahs23; 27th April 2014 at 09:27 PM.
28th April 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

395 posts
More
Well I downgraded back to Jelly Bean VS98012B and stayed stock without root and still have the same problem with LTE. I switched Airplane mode off and then back on and I get LTE with 2 bars then it goes back to 3g with 2 bars. I wonder if its the phone or if I am being throttled by Verizon?
29th April 2014, 06:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

395 posts
More
Well I seem to be answering my own questions. Turns out my sim card is bad. I tried my wife's and the phone went to LTE and stayed. I put mine in her phone and it stayed 3g. So hope this helps anyone else that would experience this. Glad its not the phone.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to dkahs23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkahs23

Well I seem to be answering my own questions. Turns out my sim card is bad. I tried my wife's and the phone went to LTE and stayed. I put mine in her phone and it stayed 3g. So hope this helps anyone else that would experience this. Glad its not the phone.

I'm actually having the same thing... keeps switching to 3G randomly, after a reboot it'll go to 4G LTE and usually stay, but often if I make a call, or do something it'll switch back to 3G for some time, then maybe go back to 4G... stock KK rooted here too

Did the SIM card fix it for you permanently? I may try getting a new one if so.
9th May 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #5  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 75

577 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'll second this. Had the same problem. New sim card and bam, fixed. For some reason I think going to international ROMs (cloudy and optimus) caused this.... The 3g roaming thing.. which is a shame because their ROMs are freaking awesome.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
9th May 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

395 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by braxync

I'm actually having the same thing... keeps switching to 3G randomly, after a reboot it'll go to 4G LTE and usually stay, but often if I make a call, or do something it'll switch back to 3G for some time, then maybe go back to 4G... stock KK rooted here too

Did the SIM card fix it for you permanently? I may try getting a new one if so.

Yeah I went to my local mom & pop Verizon store and the idiot behind the counter said my old LTE sim card wasn't NFC ( Near Field Communications) complaint. Why is he an idiot that's another story. But I don't know how NFC has anything to do with the sim card. Anyway I bought a new one because they weren't a official Verizon store, supposedly the official store will give you a new sim card. But now the phone works like it is suppose too.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank