Ask a question

No registration required

Going to have to return my z1 for warranty

OP HarpingOn

9th May 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60

286 posts
The not working ("squeaking") vibro motor is just too much to bear. I tried turning it off but I mostly run with the phone in silent so I miss lots of notifications that way.

I want to get written confirmation of the maintenance of the waterproofing afterwards though, because these things aren't easy to open and seal properly again and I can foresee waterproofing troubles down the road if I don't get something in writing.

Sigh, and it's only 10 weeks old

Rest of a 2 year contract to go. Wonder how long I'll be without my phone? Have a spare Xperia Mini around somewhere.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
9th May 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

124 posts
The motor on mine made a loud squeaking noise everytime I tyoed aswell. Very annoying.Luckily I gave it to my carrier and they offered to either give me a loan phone while they repair it or if I post it to them they'l fix it and return it to me within four days. Took the second option since I still had my original Z laying around..they Sent me a replacement. Excellent service but if sent to Sony it can take up to two weeks

Xperia Z1
9th May 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60

286 posts
It seems quite a common fault. I don't know. Been thinking of getting a motog as a backup phone. It'll be going back to carphone warehouse from whence it came.

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread