Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,949 Members 43,440 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Going to have to return my z1 for warranty

Tip us?

HarpingOn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Default Going to have to return my z1 for warranty

The not working ("squeaking") vibro motor is just too much to bear. I tried turning it off but I mostly run with the phone in silent so I miss lots of notifications that way.

I want to get written confirmation of the maintenance of the waterproofing afterwards though, because these things aren't easy to open and seal properly again and I can foresee waterproofing troubles down the road if I don't get something in writing.

Sigh, and it's only 10 weeks old

Rest of a 2 year contract to go. Wonder how long I'll be without my phone? Have a spare Xperia Mini around somewhere.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

dreamville
Old
Thanks Meter 11
The motor on mine made a loud squeaking noise everytime I tyoed aswell. Very annoying.Luckily I gave it to my carrier and they offered to either give me a loan phone while they repair it or if I post it to them they'l fix it and return it to me within four days. Took the second option since I still had my original Z laying around..they Sent me a replacement. Excellent service but if sent to Sony it can take up to two weeks

Xperia Z1

HarpingOn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
It seems quite a common fault. I don't know. Been thinking of getting a motog as a backup phone. It'll be going back to carphone warehouse from whence it came.

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk