Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,424 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Recovery Cannot format all partition

Tip us?

THEindian
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 566

DONATE TO ME
Unhappy Recovery Cannot format all partition

Hey guys, i have been having some major issues with my Nexus 7 WiFi. So basically, i was using it and it rebooted and asked me for an encryption key, I had never encrypted the device so i didn't know what it was talking about, i rebooted and it gave me the same message. Then, i booted into fastboot and tried to flash the stock google recovery image for 4.2.2. It didn't flash and it errored out for everything except the radio. Then it told me that i needed the grouper image, which is the one that i downloaded from google. It stopped booting so i grabbed a TWRP recovery and tried to flash it. It flashed and then when i went to wipe all the partitions except internal storage, nothing would wipe and it said it was unable to. Anybody have a solution to this or am a boned?

Thanks for your time guys, it is much appreciated!
PRIMARY- Nexus 4 running PA and Franco's kernel
Secondary-My awesome glacier running albinoman's cm10.1
Visit My Android Blog!!!

Mastermind behind INDIAN MADNESS -HTC Glacier -HTC Desire HD -HTC Inspire 4G -HTC Sensation 4G -HTC Sensation XE

THEindian
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 566

DONATE TO ME
Bump. Anyone at all know a solution?
PRIMARY- Nexus 4 running PA and Franco's kernel
Secondary-My awesome glacier running albinoman's cm10.1
Visit My Android Blog!!!

Mastermind behind INDIAN MADNESS -HTC Glacier -HTC Desire HD -HTC Inspire 4G -HTC Sensation 4G -HTC Sensation XE