Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,721 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Netflix Workaround for 4.4.2 KitKat ROMs

Tip us?

ackliph
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Default Netflix Workaround for 4.4.2 KitKat ROMs

If your like me, you use the Netflix profiles and you don't want to use and old version. Nor do you want to disable auto app updates.

I call this a workaround because you have to do it before you run Netflix... Every time. But maybe someone with more experience can make it permanent. Also I think it disables HD Video in Netflix.

Simply open /data/data/com.netflix.mediaclient/shared_prefs/nfxpref.xml as a text document and place "nflx_player_type" value="8" on the next line under <map>

If you want, you can place the following in a *.sh file and run it with script manager with super user selected.

if [ -f /data/data/com.netflix.mediaclient/shared_prefs/nfxpref.xml ]; then
grep -q nflx_player_type /data/data/com.netflix.mediaclient/shared_prefs/nfxpref.xml && exit 0
cp /data/data/com.netflix.mediaclient/shared_prefs/nfxpref.xml /data/data/com.netflix.mediaclient/shared_prefs/nfxpref.xml.orig && sed -e 's|</map>|<int name="nflx_player_type" value="8" />\n</map>|g' /data/data/com.netflix.mediaclient/shared_prefs/nfxpref.xml.orig > /data/data/com.netflix.mediaclient/shared_prefs/nfxpref.xml && rm /data/data/com.netflix.mediaclient/shared_prefs/nfxpref.xml.orig
fi

I found this workaround here: forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=63

Sent from my Optimus G Pro using Tapatalk
HTC Inspire 4G *sold*
Samsung Galaxy Exhibit - SlimBean *wow*
HTC ONE XL *sold*
Samsung Galaxy Nexus *sold*
LG Nexus 4 *sent back*
Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989 Hercules
LG Optimus G Pro LG-E980
AT&T GoPhone 2GB Unlimited

naythenanderson
Old
(Last edited by naythenanderson; 11th May 2014 at 12:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Default Netflix Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackliph View Post
If your like me, you use the Netflix profiles and you don't want to use and old version. Nor do you want to disable auto app updates.

I call this a workaround because you have to do it before you run Netflix... Every time. But maybe someone with more experience can make it permanent. Also I think it disables HD Video in Netflix.

Simply open /data/data/com.netflix.mediaclient/shared_prefs/nfxpref.xml as a text document and place "nflx_player_type" value="8" on the next line under <map>

If you want, you can place the following in a *.sh file and run it with script manager with super user selected.

if [ -f /data/data/com.netflix.mediaclient/shared_prefs/nfxpref.xml ]; then
grep -q nflx_player_type /data/data/com.netflix.mediaclient/shared_prefs/nfxpref.xml && exit 0
cp /data/data/com.netflix.mediaclient/shared_prefs/nfxpref.xml /data/data/com.netflix.mediaclient/shared_prefs/nfxpref.xml.orig && sed -e 's|</map>|<int name="nflx_player_type" value="8" />\n</map>|g' /data/data/com.netflix.mediaclient/shared_prefs/nfxpref.xml.orig > /data/data/com.netflix.mediaclient/shared_prefs/nfxpref.xml && rm /data/data/com.netflix.mediaclient/shared_prefs/nfxpref.xml.orig
fi

I found this workaround here: forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=63

Sent from my Optimus G Pro using Tapatalk
I have an issue of a gray screen but audio on the netflix app using CM 11.
The above seems to be too much work. I found Netflix Black instead which works fine, but no chromecast support.

Download here: (I'll post a link to the dev when I can find it)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjza3ic2fy...ion-V2.1.2.apk

Original Thread Here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1178425

nnotis
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I can confirm that Netflix Black does work fine with CM11.

shayneflashindaily
Old
Thanks Meter 952

DONATE TO ME
Netflix black working fine with latest PAC

2SHAYNEZ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzkZm7JP58">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzkZm7JP58" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">