Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,609 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SGH-I337 with safe strap, No wifi

Tip us?

oldwiley
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default SGH-I337 with safe strap, No wifi

Sorry if this is answered else where but I have done several searches and spent hours hunting for the right answer, or possibly one a noob could understand. I just rooted my SGH-i337 and then installed Safe Strap 3.71 and the jflteatt-MK2-modules and hyperdrive RLS13. The problem is my wifi doesn’t work so I am thinking I need to ad a modem. My phone works ok. Sorry if this doesn’t make sense but I am pretty new to this stuff.

SGH-i337
Base band – i337UCUEMK2

I did just notice that the model number on my phone has change from SGH_i337 to SCH-i545

ted77usa
Old
(Last edited by ted77usa; 2nd February 2014 at 04:34 AM.)
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 3,412

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwiley View Post
Sorry if this is answered else where but I have done several searches and spent hours hunting for the right answer, or possibly one a noob could understand. I just rooted my SGH-i337 and then installed Safe Strap 3.71 and the jflteatt-MK2-modules and hyperdrive RLS13. The problem is my wifi doesn’t work so I am thinking I need to ad a modem. My phone works ok. Sorry if this doesn’t make sense but I am pretty new to this stuff.

SGH-i337
Base band – i337UCUEMK2

I did just notice that the model number on my phone has change from SGH_i337 to SCH-i545
Check this thread by @guut13 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2616221 the last 4 pages all mentioned to install ATT compatible pack and then MK2 Modules ..check OP for guide and useful links..... goodluck..... :thumbup::thumbup: ...SCH-i545 is because base on Verizon device. .. And that's why u need ATT compatible pack and ATTmk2 modules install .....

Swyped From MK2 Dark Venom SS Edition
The Following User Says Thank You to ted77usa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oldwiley
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks for the help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted77usa View Post
Check this thread by @guut13 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2616221 the last 4 pages all mentioned to install ATT compatible pack and then MK2 Modules ..check OP for guide and useful links..... goodluck..... :thumbup::thumbup: ...SCH-i545 is because base on Verizon device. .. And that's why u need ATT compatible pack and ATTmk2 modules install .....

Swyped From MK2 Dark Venom SS Edition
Thanks ted77usa I will check out the link and see what I can figure out. This is fun stuff to mess with and it is great that the added rom lets you go back and forth with no problems. So when I get the right pack installed and then the modules will it say SGH-I337 again? That way I would know it is right if so. Thanks again for the help.

Dlnp22
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Thanks ted77usa I will check out the link and see what I can figure out. This is fun stuff to mess with and it is great that the added rom lets you go back and forth with no problems. So when I get the right pack installed and then the modules will it say SGH-I337 again? That way I would know it is right if so. Thanks again for the help.
I tried what Ted was suggesting above. If you STILL have issues with wifi, downgrade your modem to a previous version(I used MDL). It'll fix your wifi, then you can flash current/MK2 and retain wifi.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dlnp22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oldwiley
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default That fixed the problem Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlnp22 View Post
I tried what Ted was suggesting above. If you STILL have issues with wifi, downgrade your modem to a previous version(I used MDL). It'll fix your wifi, then you can flash current/MK2 and retain wifi.
I went in and delete the ROM slot, then rebooted and recreated it, then installed hyperdrive followed by the modules and everything works perfect. I confused the modules for the rom when I installed it the first time. Hey it ain't easy being a noob!

Thanks to Ted and Dlnp for the replies.

Juujuus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I went in and delete the ROM slot, then rebooted and recreated it, then installed hyperdrive followed by the modules and everything works perfect. I confused the modules for the rom when I installed it the first time. Hey it ain't easy being a noob!

Thanks to Ted and Dlnp for the replies.
hi sorry im currently experiencing the same wifi issue with my i337

after imei repair and unlock wifi no longer works and this is running at 4.2.2
can you please provide me step by step instructions for how you fixed it? THANKS LOTSS!!!!!

you can also email at luckiistrike@gmail.com

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juujuus View Post
hi sorry im currently experiencing the same wifi issue with my i337

after imei repair and unlock wifi no longer works and this is running at 4.2.2
can you please provide me step by step instructions for how you fixed it? THANKS LOTSS!!!!!

you can also email at luckiistrike@gmail.com

Look for the bypasslkm.zip
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50667360
Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app