FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[Q] Question regarding the charger of Z2!

709 posts
Thanks Meter: 57
 
By BR4DOKYBrazil, Senior Member on 9th May 2014, 11:08 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I will purchase the Taiwan version tomorrow and plug the charger is not compatible with the Brazilian made, then I wonder if I can use the charger of Xperia Z or Z1 to charge the Xperia Z2!
 
 
9th May 2014, 11:14 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR4DOKYBrazil

I will purchase the Taiwan version tomorrow and plug the charger is not compatible with the Brazilian made, then I wonder if I can use the charger of Xperia Z or Z1 to charge the Xperia Z2!

Well, standard charger has an output of 1.5amps so any charger that outputs the same will be no problem.

For reference however I have also used 1amp chargers (original charger for my HTC One X and built in charger from my PC's power supply unit) as well as a 2amp fast charger (from a 12v car adapter).

Just make sure that the charger outputs 5 volts and between 0.5 to 2 amps and you'll be fine (0.5 amps is the amperage of standard USB on a computer).
The Following User Says Thank You to TheOnlyIntruder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th May 2014, 11:15 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR4DOKYBrazil

I will purchase the Taiwan version tomorrow and plug the charger is not compatible with the Brazilian made, then I wonder if I can use the charger of Xperia Z or Z1 to charge the Xperia Z2!

Yes, all android phones use the same micro usb 2.0 ports (besides a select few that have micro usb 3.0 ports)
9th May 2014, 11:23 PM |#4  
BR4DOKYBrazil's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Londrina
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence1m

Yes, all android phones use the same micro usb 2.0 ports (besides a select few that have micro usb 3.0 ports)

Yes! In relation to micro usb input I know, my question was regarding the voltage / amperage!
9th May 2014, 11:25 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR4DOKYBrazil

Yes! In relation to micro usb input I know, my question was regarding the voltage / amperage!

oh okay sorry for misundertsanding

And I think you should be okay, my father has a Xperia Z and I the Z2 and the chargers are identical in every way
The Following User Says Thank You to Lawrence1m For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2014, 02:44 AM |#6  
BR4DOKYBrazil's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Londrina
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence1m

oh okay sorry for misundertsanding

And I think you should be okay, my father has a Xperia Z and I the Z2 and the chargers are identical in every way

Oh! Great!

Tks for de info!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes