Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 50,034 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S-OFF restore stock rom

Tip us?

johnvarghese333
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default S-OFF restore stock rom

I have a one x tegra 3 device which i got a couple of days back.it was brand new and it was on 4.1.1(i guess)out of the box..
Everything was fine and there were no problems at first then i did 3 ota updates and now it's on 4.2.2 but non of the sensors are detected by the phone now.hence auto-rotate,etc are not working.
i guess something must have gone wrong with the ota updates since this issue started right after that..
So i guess flashing the complete stock rom from scratch like how i do using odin with samsung phones might solve this..
Can someone pls tell me how to do this..
I read many other threads but it seems very confusing with htc phones since this is my first htc..i have done it countless times with samsung phones..
Moreover my phone shows s-off in the bootloader with cid-11111111.. so it's all the more confusing for me as i don't know much about this security thing implemented by htc..i've seen that being s-off i can easily brick the device..
Also let me know if i can downgrade back to 4.1.1 since everything was working perfect on that..the hboot was 1.39 on 4.1.1 and now it's 1.72 on 4.2.2

I am also including photos of the device..
Pls bear with me and forgive me for being such a noob

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1399515791776.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	2731601   Click image for larger version

Name:	1399515841581.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	2731602   Click image for larger version

Name:	1399515864842.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	2731603  

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8,438

DONATE TO ME
http://androidruu.com/getdownload.ph...015_signed.exe

Try this ruu
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

johnvarghese333
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs View Post
can you please tell me how to install this ruu in my one x?
also is there any special precaution that i should take since my device is s-off.
Please don't ask me to refer other threads because i'm getting confused if it's the same procedure since other devices are s-on and there are some confusing things like unlocking the bootloader etc,

Mr Hofs
Old
Thanks Meter 8,438

DONATE TO ME
Keep the bootloader locked, put the phone in fastboot usb mode and execute the ruu with admin rights on the pc. It should flash the phone back to full stock 4.1.1 with bootloader 1.39.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

johnvarghese333
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Keep the bootloader locked, put the phone in fastboot usb mode and execute the ruu with admin rights on the pc. It should flash the phone back to full stock 4.1.1 with bootloader 1.39.
i tried running the ruu multiple times..it's always stuck at waiting for bootloader

Mr Hofs
Old
Thanks Meter 8,438

DONATE TO ME
Is the phone in the bootloader before you execute the ruu and do you see in red "FASTBOOT USB" ?

johnvarghese333
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Is the phone in the bootloader before you execute the ruu and do you see in red "FASTBOOT USB" ?
I tried it with phone in the bootloader and it shows FASTBOOT USB but the ruu shows getting device information after the first few steps and then just minimises..a new window does'nt open up and there is no progress etc,
when i run the ruu with the phone turned on..the phone shuts down and shows a black screen with htc written on it and on the computer it shows waiting for bootloader and then nothing else happens..

both the times after a while i removed the usb and and rebooted the phone..

Mr Hofs
Old
Thanks Meter 8,438

DONATE TO ME
Hmm try a 2.17.401 ruu from the androidruu.com site subsection ENDEVOURU

johnvarghese333
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I reinstalled all the htc drivers on my pc,disabled the antivirus and ran the 3.14 ruu ..
This time it ran without getting stuck anywhere but after showing sending file for a while it gives an image error and says get the correct ruu or something like that..
I tried both in fastboot usb and with the device turned on..
Should i still download the 2.17 ruu and try it or any different version??
i've been doing a lot of reading on xda and i've seen that s-off supercid devices can accept any ruu??so idk why im getting this error

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA