Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 47,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is anyone else having GPS issues?

Tip us?

krelvinaz
Old
Thanks Meter 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcherin View Post
So what is a fix for the issue?
I don't seem to have the problem for what I use the phone for, but then I don't use navigate often. I do use one of the AGPS updater (can't recall which one at the moment) and I do get a good lock fairly quickly (under 4s).

If there really is an issue however, the fix is in the updated Android 4.4.3 release which as already stated has not yet been released. So there is no "fix".
Phone: TMobile - Samsung SM-900T Galaxy Note 3 - KitKat 4.4.2 Rooted/Stock - QI Wireless
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012) 16gb Stock Rooted - 4.4.4 w/TWRP Recovery
Droid Like Devices: Several ChromeCasts, Amazon Fire TV (rooted)
Link: ReZoundn EVO 4g LTE and HTC Droid DNA Splash Screen Web Generator

atlzonly89
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcherin View Post
There are no 4.4.3 ROMs from what I have looked at and if there were, none were TW, stock. Tried the app the previous post mentioned and had no luck with it. Using Waze isn't a solution to the problem, simply a workaround and I hate the UI of Waze, which is why I use Maps instead. There has to be a fix for this issue. I've ordered a replacement device in the meantime.
Just sayin, it is a little better then the main apps page like live updates which includes traffice, the actual time youll get to your destination, accidents, and so on.....your probably the first one that doesnt likes waze......you did ask for a fix......i had the same issue with mine on non-rooted and rooted devices and thats the reason why i use waze, it gets the job done better then the main navi app. but it might be a faulty equipment, get it swapped but note that it will be a refurbished device

Lorettaa
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Waiting for the next update and hope it would be fixed.

phil.culler
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlzonly89 View Post
Just sayin, it is a little better then the main apps page like live updates which includes traffice, the actual time youll get to your destination, accidents, and so on.....your probably the first one that doesnt likes waze......you did ask for a fix......i had the same issue with mine on non-rooted and rooted devices and thats the reason why i use waze, it gets the job done better then the main navi app. but it might be a faulty equipment, get it swapped but note that it will be a refurbished device
+1 for Waze

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Phone: HTC One M8 - GPE conversion

Tablet : Nexus 7 (2012)
ROM: Stock (at the moment)

~~~RETIRED~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Jumped
Samsung GS2 T989 - Retired
T-Mobile G2 - Died
Mytouch 3g Slide - Returned Junk
Mytouch 3g - Died

siskiou
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm still on 4.3 and have problems with GPS locking on. Phone also gets very hot, when using a navigation app.

dragonsamus
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by siskiou View Post
I'm still on 4.3 and have problems with GPS locking on. Phone also gets very hot, when using a navigation app.
I'm on DarthStalker v6 4.3 and I've been having GPS issues. Try downloading the app GPS status and running it. Every now and then I'll use it and it gets a lock on the satellites quickly.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
work hard, play harder