Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,773 Members 51,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Relock to send back to Verizon

Tip us?

cmlusco
Old
Thanks Meter 921

DONATE TO ME
There is no difference between a signed and decrypted ruu other than what their names suggest. Ones signed ones not, both do the exact same thing to the phone.

You can lock the bootloader first. As long as you still have s-off, you have a saftey net. As long as your s-off you can change it to say what ever you want it to say. Locked, relocked, or unlocked.

Yes the ruu will wipe everything.

You will want to back up your sd.
Do the ruu.
Take the ota to kitkat.
Lock the bootloader.
Go s-on.
Sent From My HTC One (M7WLV) S-OFF Rooted
Hboot: 1.56.0000 (Unlocked)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernel: ElementalX 13.5
PRL: 15287
Rom: Stock OTA 3.11.605.1

VZW HTC One Files - VZW1FILES.DYNDNS.ORG

HTC Incredible Files - DINC.DOES-IT.NET

godhamba
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Thanks, everything worked. For future knowledge, can you flash signed RUU's with an S-ON device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco View Post
There is no difference between a signed and decrypted ruu other than what their names suggest. Ones signed ones not, both do the exact same thing to the phone.

You can lock the bootloader first. As long as you still have s-off, you have a saftey net. As long as your s-off you can change it to say what ever you want it to say. Locked, relocked, or unlocked.

Do the ruu.
Take the ota to kitkat.
Lock the bootloader.
Go s-on.
Try Copy with my referral link and you'll get 20GB instead of 15Gb, for life! It blows away Dropbox in every way.

cmlusco
Old
Thanks Meter 921

DONATE TO ME
Yes and no. You can flash a signed ruu if s-on, but not one that is an older version than currently on the phone. It has to be the same or a newer version. This is an issue if your on kitkat, as we do not currently have a kk ruu available.

eman7131
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Yes and no. You can flash a signed ruu if s-on, but not one that is an older version than currently on the phone. It has to be the same or a newer version. This is an issue if your on kitkat, as we do not currently have a kk ruu available.
I'm trying to learn here too, that is dependent on the hboot correct? So if you were to downgrade your hboot via the thread somewhere in the VZW HTC One forum, you should be able to flash any RUU right?

cmlusco
Old
Thanks Meter 921

DONATE TO ME
Technically yes, although as far as i know there is no way to do so while s-on and locked. In order to downgrade hboot you would need to have the bootloader unlocked. Since verizon does not let us use htcdev to unlock, it would be virtually imposible.

godhamba
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Your responses are clear and helpful. Thanks a bunch!

Quote:
Technically yes, although as far as i know there is no way to do so while s-on and locked. In order to downgrade hboot you would need to have the bootloader unlocked. Since verizon does not let us use htcdev to unlock, it would be virtually imposible.
Try Copy with my referral link and you'll get 20GB instead of 15Gb, for life! It blows away Dropbox in every way.

NELORAO
Old
(Last edited by NELORAO; 10th May 2014 at 05:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:

Do the ruu.
Take the ota to kitkat.
Lock the bootloader.
Go s-on.
My phone is current S-Off and relocked, how can I change it to unlocked?

Thank you.

UPDATE: Nevermind, I got it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2470340