[Q] Relock to send back to Verizon

OP eman7131

7th May 2014, 06:46 AM   |  #11  
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 932

3,146 posts
Donate to Me
More
There is no difference between a signed and decrypted ruu other than what their names suggest. Ones signed ones not, both do the exact same thing to the phone.

You can lock the bootloader first. As long as you still have s-off, you have a saftey net. As long as your s-off you can change it to say what ever you want it to say. Locked, relocked, or unlocked.

Yes the ruu will wipe everything.

You will want to back up your sd.
Do the ruu.
Take the ota to kitkat.
Lock the bootloader.
Go s-on.
7th May 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 28

201 posts
Thanks, everything worked. For future knowledge, can you flash signed RUU's with an S-ON device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco

There is no difference between a signed and decrypted ruu other than what their names suggest. Ones signed ones not, both do the exact same thing to the phone.

You can lock the bootloader first. As long as you still have s-off, you have a saftey net. As long as your s-off you can change it to say what ever you want it to say. Locked, relocked, or unlocked.

Do the ruu.
Take the ota to kitkat.
Lock the bootloader.
Go s-on.

8th May 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #13  
Flag Michigan City, IN

3,146 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes and no. You can flash a signed ruu if s-on, but not one that is an older version than currently on the phone. It has to be the same or a newer version. This is an issue if your on kitkat, as we do not currently have a kk ruu available.
8th May 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

28 posts
More
Quote:

Yes and no. You can flash a signed ruu if s-on, but not one that is an older version than currently on the phone. It has to be the same or a newer version. This is an issue if your on kitkat, as we do not currently have a kk ruu available.

I'm trying to learn here too, that is dependent on the hboot correct? So if you were to downgrade your hboot via the thread somewhere in the VZW HTC One forum, you should be able to flash any RUU right?
8th May 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #15  
Flag Michigan City, IN

3,146 posts
Donate to Me
More
Technically yes, although as far as i know there is no way to do so while s-on and locked. In order to downgrade hboot you would need to have the bootloader unlocked. Since verizon does not let us use htcdev to unlock, it would be virtually imposible.
8th May 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 28

201 posts
Your responses are clear and helpful. Thanks a bunch!

Quote:

Technically yes, although as far as i know there is no way to do so while s-on and locked. In order to downgrade hboot you would need to have the bootloader unlocked. Since verizon does not let us use htcdev to unlock, it would be virtually imposible.

10th May 2014, 05:57 AM   |  #17  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
More
Quote:

Do the ruu.
Take the ota to kitkat.
Lock the bootloader.
Go s-on.

My phone is current S-Off and relocked, how can I change it to unlocked?

Thank you.

UPDATE: Nevermind, I got it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2470340
Last edited by NELORAO; 10th May 2014 at 06:30 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread