[Q] My Mobile become slower after being Idle for a while.

OP Sherif Abdel-Naby

10th May 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hello,
ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
My mobile information.

i have Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102
Android 2.3.6.
I am using the Stock ROM, My mobile is rooted.
I am also using GO Launcher EX and Go Locker.

My Problem.

When i am using my phone for a while it is fast, for example switching the AppDrawer screens, Open Messenger close it again, Go to home screen instantly after pressing ( Home ).

but when i leave my mobile for a while ( 10min + ) it become slow ( when i unlock the screen the Home screen appear after a while, the app drawer take long time to load and is laggy while switching screens, opening an application take a while too.

Notes :
1- I Don't have any Auto-Task killer applications ( i had before but uninstalled it )
2- I noticed that my phone lose Internet Wifi connection too, because when i open FB messenger it show me the "Connecting" message.. i also doesn't receive notifications after leaving my phone idle for a while.
3- When i unlock the phone and start using it the notifications are revived ( delayed notification )
10th May 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 185

333 posts
More
Well, your device has very low RAM. Apps like Facebook, Messenger and Go Launcher, use a lot of RAM. And if you have to much apps running at once, your phone will slow down. You can try Greenify app to hibernate some of these apps (Facebook for sure). A used to have a Galaxy Ace, and Greenify helped a lot.

About Wifi and delayed notifications, see in Wi-Fi settings if the option to keep it on during sleep is set to "always". If not, change it. That should solve the problem.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
10th May 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatboy371

Well, your device has very low RAM. Apps like Facebook, Messenger and Go Launcher, use a lot of RAM. And if you have to much apps running at once, your phone will slow down. You can try Greenify app to hibernate some of these apps (Facebook for sure). A used to have a Galaxy Ace, and Greenify helped a lot.

About Wifi and delayed notifications, see in Wi-Fi settings if the option to keep it on during sleep is set to "always". If not, change it. That should solve the problem.

Thanks for your answer, but..
I Uninstalled facebook 2 months ago, And the problem is not that the mobile is generally running slow, the fact is while i am using it for more than 30 sec it start to be fast and keep to be fast until i lock it again.
but when i lock it and keep it for more than 10 minute and then re-use it, it run slow for about 30 second then start to be fast again ( which is not good when i want to do a fast call or something with such a delay )

i am suspecting that after the mobile be IDLE for a while the service and applications closes it self .. The launcher close itself ( thats why the mobile always delay ), the applications background service too ( thats why i get no notifications ).
so if my theory is right, what is the reason that cause this ?
10th May 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 185

333 posts
More
Now I understood...
Well, I'm no android expert, but I know the system needs RAM to work. Some applicatins are cached in memory to open faster, without the need to be load all over again, but when the system runs low on memory, it tends to kill background applications/services to keep foreground apps in use.
Maybe your apps are not being cached, and/or being restarted for some reason right after the phone wakes, that could explain why your phone slow down a bit then get back to normal.

I hope some dev can explain it better.

Last edited by meatboy371; 10th May 2014 at 04:06 AM.
10th May 2014, 06:17 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 562

2,950 posts
Donate to Me
More
Definitely low RAM can be a culprit, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least half the reason is the combo of Go Locker and Go Launcher. They are cool apps with all kinds of customizations, but have used them on multiple devices, even the most powerful ones at the time and have never been pleased with the performance vs other comparable apps. Especially if the Go lockscreen is fighting with the system one to see which one will turn on will you hit the power button and the RAM switching over to it in time when the phone wakes.

Another possible thing would be that the screen off profile is too aggressive and takes a bit to ramp up to normal speeds and get everything running again.

But try using a different combo for the lockscreen and launcher and see if it doesn't make a difference (make sure to kill the Go apps otherwise they will run in the background along side the new apps and make it worse). My $ is on that it will.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread