Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more
Post Reply

[Q] How to lower minimum backlight brightness on android 4.2.2?

10th January 2014, 08:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
I'd like to lower brightness level of display below its factory minimum.
I tried to edit values in framework-res.apk/res/values/arrays.xml
<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessLcdBacklightValues"> etc...
But my decompiled "framework-res.apk" does not have the directory "/res/values" at all!

I wanna add the ability to change minimum brightness to the value of "1" for example.
Do not offer apps like "Screen Filter" because I wanna save the battery.
I have read the topic " [HOW TO][MOD] Lower Brightness levels [04/05/12]"
But it's for Samsung devices.
I'm afraid it will not work too...
Answer please. How to change the system brightness below its factory minimum?

I have tablet PC Vido Yuandao Mini S, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean (rooted). SoC is RK3188.
Please help.
And thanks in advance.
13th January 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
up
23rd January 2014, 07:24 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
up
up
23rd January 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
you have to decompile your apk with apktool so maybe you can find that files. i also edit framework but it seems nothing happen ... i dont know why

Sent from my T1-E using Tapatalk
23rd January 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
I want to know too.
24th January 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #6  
PradeepMurugan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Karur
Thanks Meter: 244
 
218 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexis2001

I'd like to lower brightness level of display below its factory minimum.
I tried to edit values in framework-res.apk/res/values/arrays.xml
<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessLcdBacklightValues"> etc...
But my decompiled "framework-res.apk" does not have the directory "/res/values" at all!

I wanna add the ability to change minimum brightness to the value of "1" for example.
Do not offer apps like "Screen Filter" because I wanna save the battery.
I have read the topic "[HOW TO][MOD] Lower Brightness levels [04/05/12]"
But it's for Samsung devices.
I'm afraid it will not work too...
Answer please. How to change the system brightness below its factory minimum?

I have tablet PC Vido Yuandao Mini S, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean (rooted). SoC is RK3188.
Please help.
And thanks in advance.







Quote:
Originally Posted by habibiey

you have to decompile your apk with apktool so maybe you can find that files. i also edit framework but it seems nothing happen ... i dont know why

Sent from my T1-E using Tapatalk







Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor0

I want to know too.

All of you just use lux app. I am using it it's great you can lower brightness even to 0(means your screen will become black) with this app
Very helpful in early morning


Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk
27th January 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PradeepMurugan

All of you just use lux app. I am using it it's great you can lower brightness even to 0(means your screen will become black) with this app
Very helpful in early morning

Thank you, but I wanna save the battery life.
LUX app DO NOT lower the system brightness. This program just puts a dark semitransparent layer on the top of other apps.
And thus creates visibility of brightness reduction. I underline - only VISIBILITY.
"Screen Filter" and other similar apps do the same trick.
BUT!
I want to reduce the value of SYSTEM brightness.
I wanna dig the firmware but I have no so much knowledge.
This task is not very easy, alas...
Help me if you can.
10th May 2014, 06:37 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexis2001

Thank you, but I wanna save the battery life.
LUX app DO NOT lower the system brightness. This program just puts a dark semitransparent layer on the top of other apps.
And thus creates visibility of brightness reduction. I underline - only VISIBILITY.
"Screen Filter" and other similar apps do the same trick.
BUT!
I want to reduce the value of SYSTEM brightness.
I wanna dig the firmware but I have no so much knowledge.
This task is not very easy, alas...
Help me if you can.

Damn man, we're looking for exactly the same thing! Those apps which only put dark layers really don't help at alland I would rather keep the original brightness instead of the distorted visual experience. I've been struggling on my android 4.3 system for a long time and I still didn't find the correct way to solve this problem. The app I use to adjust the brightness only worked on the 4.1 system long time ago and it wouldn't go below 15% since then. I tried editing many system files but I still didn't find the right way...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Questions and Answers by ThreadRank