Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 38,808 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unlocking Roger's Galaxy S3 (I747M) Running 4.3

Tip us?

Larry2999
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isuress View Post
Does that mean once you've disabled SHA256, which causes the phone to unlock, when you upgrade back to 4.2 or 4.3 that the unlock is retained AND SHA256 is re-enabled? Or does it just retain the unlock and SHA256 stays disabled? If the first situation is the case, then I might consider going through the hassle of downgrading and then re-upgrading?

I was under the impression they probably had some sort of Database or something of that caliber. I can't imagine they have some sort of generator because if that was the case, I'm sure something like that would have leaked by now by some employee, no?

For $28, I might as well go to the local Kiosk in my mall and have it done there. If I could find it for $15 or less, then maybe I'd do it online? Though, the SHA256 option is looking more promising. Though, that's assuming SHA256 re-enables itself while retaining unlock once the phones been updated. The idea of having some sort of data encryption disable bothers me for some reason. Unless you can explain how it's really no different than having it on?
You can forget about the free unlock option for now, if you already have full stock 4.3. Like we said earlier, Sam and the carriers are one up this time. You cannot downgrade the bootloader and/or modem and still have a working phone. The surest option would be the carrier unlock code. If you can find a sure and cheap service for this, then go for it.

Isuress
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2999 View Post
You can forget about the free unlock option for now, if you already have full stock 4.3. Like we said earlier, Sam and the carriers are one up this time. You cannot downgrade the bootloader and/or modem and still have a working phone. The surest option would be the carrier unlock code. If you can find a sure and cheap service for this, then go for it.
Yeeeaahhh, I guess that's the path I'm going to have to take. In any case, I've actually already chosen and purchased a code from http://www.gsmliberty.net/

The site seems reputable enough and has lots of videos of people unlocking their device as proof. On top of that, they actually have a phone number to call and all that business which can be done on Skype. It was also $10 compared to all the $15+ options I was finding everywhere else. Hopefully this works out. I appreciate all your help though!