Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,686 Members 37,266 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any limitations as to what can become a system app?

Tip us?

Einsteindks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default [Q] Any limitations as to what can become a system app?

With all the extra room on the system partition, I was thinking about making certain programs a system app, to free up the rest of the phone. Anyone know of any app, in general, that may become a problem when converted to a system app?

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

aviwdoowks
Old
Thanks Meter 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einsteindks View Post
With all the extra room on the system partition, I was thinking about making certain programs a system app, to free up the rest of the phone. Anyone know of any app, in general, that may become a problem when converted to a system app?

None. But keep the stock launcher as sys & any new launchers as data. So a safeboot can save you. Any apps added as sys cannot be disabled by safeboot either.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Room? Sys or data all the same.
I am Maxx'ed, X + 1/2
Moto X, Ultra, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.
The Following User Says Thank You to aviwdoowks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Einsteindks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks View Post
None. But keep the stock launcher as sys & any new launchers as data. So a safeboot can save you. Any apps added as sys cannot be disabled by safeboot either.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Room? Sys or data all the same.
Cool, sweet tip! Only solid-trusted apps would get the special treatment, of course!