No registration required
Thread Closed

I need stability..

OP BRIMS7ON3

9th May 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 123

338 posts
So I know we are not to say " this is the best rom.." and things like that.. So I hope this question is acceptable..

I came from the galaxy s4.. But did not look into roms before the switch. I was quite disappointed to discover the issues that cause so few roms to be developed currently.

The thing is, I use my phone at my work phone.. So I need a ROM stable enough to do so. I have been on Knoxraid for about 2 months.. With no major problems... But there are a few issues, and since it is no longer being developed I really want to move to a different ROM.

If I may ask, what are you guys using as a daily driver, and what are you finding extremely stable?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th May 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #2  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1,438

3,767 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIMS7ON3

So I know we are not to say " this is the best rom.." and things like that.. So I hope this question is acceptable..

I came from the galaxy s4.. But did not look into roms before the switch. I was quite disappointed to discover the issues that cause so few roms to be developed currently.

The thing is, I use my phone at my work phone.. So I need a ROM stable enough to do so. I have been on Knoxraid for about 2 months.. With no major problems... But there are a few issues, and since it is no longer being developed I really want to move to a different ROM.

If I may ask, what are you guys using as a daily driver, and what are you finding extremely stable?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

IMO, If you're needing your device for work? Stock; ESPECIALLY if you are using your device for work in a "mission critical" environment (No disrespect meant to the developers of custom Rom's at all).
For me what it's come down to now is being able to have root, and being able to do basic customization (Which is all supported by Wanam module for Xposed). I'm not a developer myself, so I can't even speculate what needs to be done to create a custom Rom, but this has been my experience
Last edited by kangi26; 9th May 2014 at 07:03 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kangi26 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th May 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #3  
Flag St. Paul, Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 336

961 posts
Donate to Me
More
Depends on where you work. Where I work, I'm restricted from even connecting to their network since my device is rooted. Therefor I use Cisco IP 7945 XP
10th May 2014, 09:18 AM   |  #4  
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 10,891

6,159 posts
More
Moderator Comment: Rom that may have the features you seek is the one you've assayed against your own needs and chosen accordingly; thread closed.

And best advice has already been given...best stability is ALWAYS stock or stock based
Last edited by KennyG123; 11th May 2014 at 05:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread