FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] [GT-P5110] Bootloop and EFS problem

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By auleco, Junior Member on 9th May 2014, 12:25 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,
I write this call for help after many searchs on internet, without success ... I own a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110, I recently wanted to install android 4 on it, but it turns that i was wrong version ; that i took was for the galaxy p5100...
Seeing it wasn't working (blocked on bootscreen), i installed, by odin, a stock rom from samsung, to start from scratch.
And there, the trouble began...
Tablet remained blocked on startup (with samsung logo), i left load for 3 days, without success. I went into the recovery, wanting to do a factory reset, i got the message "E: unable to mount '/efs' ". I tried many stocks roms, repartitioned with pit file .. And nothing
I unfortunately didn't backup of folder "efs" (i didn't know what it is before this problems), and i saw it wasn't well seen to ask other's backups, yet i don't see any other solutions ... Especially since my tablet is devoid of any smart operator (because imei is problematic in general) .. Therefore not possible blacklisting .. Finally, if there another solution i haven't seen ... HELP !!
Good evening with your tablets that work........

PS : Sorry for my english, i'm french ...
 
 
9th May 2014, 07:26 AM |#2  
ZaldhyDarwin's Avatar
Member
Flag Makassar
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by auleco

Hello,
I write this call for help after many searchs on internet, without success ... I own a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110, I recently wanted to install android 4 on it, but it turns that i was wrong version ; that i took was for the galaxy p5100...
Seeing it wasn't working (blocked on bootscreen), i installed, by odin, a stock rom from samsung, to start from scratch.
And there, the trouble began...
Tablet remained blocked on startup (with samsung logo), i left load for 3 days, without success. I went into the recovery, wanting to do a factory reset, i got the message "E: unable to mount '/efs' ". I tried many stocks roms, repartitioned with pit file .. And nothing
I unfortunately didn't backup of folder "efs" (i didn't know what it is before this problems), and i saw it wasn't well seen to ask other's backups, yet i don't see any other solutions ... Especially since my tablet is devoid of any smart operator (because imei is problematic in general) .. Therefore not possible blacklisting .. Finally, if there another solution i haven't seen ... HELP !!
Good evening with your tablets that work........

PS : Sorry for my english, i'm french ...

what recovery currently installed on ur device now?
if its stock recovery than you need to install custom recovery like twrp or cwm
9th May 2014, 12:40 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaldhyDarwin

what recovery currently installed on ur device now?
if its stock recovery than you need to install custom recovery like twrp or cwm

Yeah i'm on Twrp 2.7.0.1
9th May 2014, 02:09 PM |#4  
ZaldhyDarwin's Avatar
Member
Flag Makassar
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by auleco

Yeah i'm on Twrp 2.7.0.1

try to format /system /data /chace (advanced wipe) and wipe everything except sdcard then lets see if you can re flash your rom

--edit--
maybe this will help you http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2430202 but
9th May 2014, 04:52 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaldhydarwin

try to format /system /data /chace (advanced wipe) and wipe everything except sdcard then lets see if you can re flash your rom

--edit--
maybe this will help you http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2430202 but

solved !!!!!
Thanks you a lot !!!!!!!!! :d
9th May 2014, 05:27 PM |#6  
ZaldhyDarwin's Avatar
Member
Flag Makassar
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Thumbs up
im glad to hear that buddy now you can flash the rom?
hmm hit thanks button if i helped
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZaldhyDarwin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ZaldhyDarwin Ad-Free
10th May 2014, 01:25 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaldhyDarwin

im glad to hear that buddy now you can flash the rom?
hmm hit thanks button if i helped

Yeah, i can !
Now i'm on Dohllmen rom
Thanks you so much
10th May 2014, 06:00 AM |#8  
CSP III's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 685
 
More
[QUOTE=auleco;52541170]Yeah, i can !
Now i'm on Dohllmen rom


Excellent choice. Enjoy!
10th May 2014, 09:38 AM |#9  
ZaldhyDarwin's Avatar
Member
Flag Makassar
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Yeah great!
Enjoy your tablet buddy
Dont forget to make a nandroid backup sometimes

Sent from my GT-P3100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes