Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,773 Members 53,103 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Issues

Tip us?

meanoc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default I'm giving up

New battery arrived this AM. It did improve the drain but not near what I had hoped for. So I did the same test as before, ran MX Player with screen @ 50%, and I lost 26%. So it did indeed improve but not enough to warrant the cost and voiding the warranty.

I had a Samsung 8.4 Pro before the GPad and sold it to a friend. He did the same video test and only lost 19%. I'm thinking of trading with him plus cash on my end. I really didn't like the Samsung but I need to get thru a whole day w/o having to connect my backup battery.

At this point I'm confused how others are getting the usage they claim. I've done just about all I can do aside from trying to find a higher capacity battery and modding it to work. I think I'll put the stock battery back in and eat the shipping and return fee and return the new battery.

I still am dumbfounded how my Sero 7 Pro lasts twice as long with a smaller battery

ruibing
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanoc View Post
So to continue the theories I put my screen @ 50% watched 60 minutes of 1080p video via MX Player and lost 31%! That's totally bare aside from MX Player. So after seeing Subtelone's results I'm very convinced I indeed have a bad battery.
50% is a bit high. My auto brightness is set to about 30-35% (night-day) indoors at home. If you are increasing brightness due to color temperature, I suggest using Mod Trickster or Screen Adjuster. If its due to gamma, I suggest installing stock 18a build or one of the custom kernels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanoc View Post
New battery arrived this AM. It did improve the drain but not near what I had hoped for. So I did the same test as before, ran MX Player with screen @ 50%, and I lost 26%. So it did indeed improve but not enough to warrant the cost and voiding the warranty.
26% after how long? Maybe try changing the screen timeout to the max (30 minutes) and just leave it on the home screen. This should isolate bad apps, leaving only the display and a deep sleep cpu. If there's a non-linear (e.g. erratic) drain on your battery usage, you may have a bad process in the background waking up your cpu or an uncalibrated battery,
Motorola Moto X (xt1053) 32GB
ROM: Stock 4.4.2
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 (p600) 16GB w/ 64GB MicroSDXC
Nexus 7 2013 (flo) 32GB
LG G Pad 8.3 (v500) 16GB w/ 64GB MicroSDXC
ROM: Mahdi-Rom 2.5 4/25
Sony Xperia Tablet S 16GB w/ 64GB SDXC
ROM: Stock 4.1.1 (Rooted)
Apple iPad 2 (k93) 16GB

dimcreed22
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Can you make WiFi close when the tablet sleep in stock room?

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Free mobile app