Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,876 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: If Samsung lied to me about the S5 Prime...
I'm Angry and would like to vent. 14 26.92%
I am angry but I don't vent. 8 15.38%
Couldn't give a hoot. 26 50.00%
Bye Samsung (Well maybe) 3 5.77%
Bye Samsung (Seriously) 5 9.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Poll - If S5 Prime is released this year should we take action?

Tip us?

da.trute
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 99
Default Poll - If S5 Prime is released this year should we take action?

Just interested in how current S5 owners will feel if Samsung brings out an upgrade to the current S5 this year after stating clearly this was not going to happen. Personally I would have not purchased the S5, kept the S3 and waited for the super model.

Also do you think we should do anything about it, spam Samsung's facebook account, write letters of complaint, or will we just have to lump it?

I know this has been discussed to death already, just interested in numbers and whether as a group we should do anything about it, please dont discuss anything else here but that.
The Following User Says Thank You to da.trute For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drakester09
Old
Thanks Meter 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by da.trute View Post

Also do you think we should do anything about it, spam Samsung's facebook account, write letters of complaint, or will we just have to lump it?

I know this has been discussed to death already, just interested in numbers and whether as a group we should do anything about it, please dont discuss anything else here but that.
Spamming their social accounts will accomplish nothing.

People already did it several times before, with the whole Exynos source issues on the S3...

It will not work. Try something else but that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Devices: Nexus 5 - Nexus 7 (2013) - OnePlus One
The Following User Says Thank You to drakester09 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

da.trute
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakester09 View Post
Spamming their social accounts will accomplish nothing.

People already did it several times before, with the whole Exynos source issues on the S3...

It will not work. Try something else but that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I doubt anything will make a difference, plus most people probably didnt understand the Exynos issue on facebook, they will however understand being lied to, this is why I think spamming facebook might achieve something this time, if only to make a statement.

noideaforusername
Old
Thanks Meter 184
I really don't see why do you care, your S5 will be less powerful than when you bought?
Current device: Black Samsung Galaxy S5 GM-900F
Previous: Black mist Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 and Pebble blue Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.

dragon135
Old
Thanks Meter 64
What is the problem?
LG g pro 2 and they release G3
HTC m8 and they will release htc prime
Sony z and they rilis z1 last year
Samsung s5 and they release prime

Its about providing the latest tech to customer at the earliest available time and tech war among them and apple.
So if s5 is not attractive for s4 owner, they can now buy the prime version. S3 owner already happy upgrading to s5.

Do u want samsung to delay s5 to july waiting for the better tech in Q2/Q3 2014? Or htc/sony delay m8/z2 waiting for the same? S5/m8/z2 is using the latest tech available to mass produced on Q1 2014. Why complain?

Technology always moving fast.

Sent from GT-I9500
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragon135 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bungadudu
Old
Thanks Meter 405
Quote:
Just interested in how current S5 owners will feel if Samsung brings out an upgrade to the current S5 this year after stating clearly this was not going to happen. Personally I would have not purchased the S5, kept the S3 and waited for the super model.

You know the same happened with the
S3, I9305 - got an upgrade to I9306
S4, I9505 - got an upgrade to I9506
and in a few months..
S5, G900 will get an upgrade to G906

This doesnt mean that the original version is junk, it's still great, but the technology is advancing so fast that for a flagship to hold true to its name (best of what that company can offer), it must be upgraded more often.

For example, Sony's official policy is to bring a new flagship every 6 months.

This is how things go.

You just enjoy your s5 and quit thinking about this. It's a great phone, and will remain that for this year at least!

da.trute
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 99
for me the s5 was a hesitant buy, it was a fairly decent upgrade on the S3 but not the S4, I had an S3. However I was still on the fence as there were rumours that the prime would follow. I then decided to wait but shortly after Samsung's CEO stated categorically there would be no prime, so I bought the S5

No, my S5 wont suddenly loose its potency as soon as the S5 prime comes out, I wont even care the S5 is not the top phone anymore, its that this new phone is going to be a lot better and I bet it will be much more on contract than the S5, therefore I would have had a far superior phone if I had just waited a while longer.

Given the choice I would have waited, I dont like being lied too either, this is why I have a problem, thought more people would fee the same way, obviously not.

ho hum
The Following User Says Thank You to da.trute For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hellscythe
Old
Thanks Meter 428
This is the exact reason I dislike sony

bungadudu
Old
Thanks Meter 405
Quote:
for me the s5 was a hesitant buy, it was a fairly decent upgrade on the S3 but not the S4, I had an S3. However I was still on the fence as there were rumours that the prime would follow. I then decided to wait but shortly after Samsung's CEO stated categorically there would be no prime, so I bought the S5

No, my S5 wont suddenly loose its potency as soon as the S5 prime comes out, I wont even care the S5 is not the top phone anymore, its that this new phone is going to be a lot better and I bet it will be much more on contract than the S5, therefore I would have had a far superior phone if I had just waited a while longer.

Given the choice I would have waited, I dont like being lied too either, this is why I have a problem, thought more people would fee the same way, obviously not.

ho hum
You know that 6 months after the s5 prime, the new s6 will be launched, right?, a lot better.., and the cycle continues....... .......

surf1
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon135 View Post
What is the problem?
LG g pro 2 and they release G3
HTC m8 and they will release htc prime
Sony z and they rilis z1 last year
Samsung s5 and they release prime

Its about providing the latest tech to customer at the earliest available time and tech war among them and apple.
So if s5 is not attractive for s4 owner, they can now buy the prime version. S3 owner already happy upgrading to s5.

Do u want samsung to delay s5 to july waiting for the better tech in Q2/Q3 2014? Or htc/sony delay m8/z2 waiting for the same? S5/m8/z2 is using the latest tech available to mass produced on Q1 2014. Why complain?

Technology always moving fast.

Sent from GT-I9500
This! And months later a new phone exceeding the Prime will come out, and months after that another Prime (or whatever they'll call it) and the cycle continues till kingdom come lol. Doesn't bother me if they release a Prime version at all.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe