Ask a question

No registration required

Note 3 issue

OP darkshaft

7th May 2014, 01:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37

279 posts
Hello XDA members I just bought Note 3 N9005, but I have a problem that the phone is very warm before 4.4 update and after while wifi on only without even playing, with or without charging, temp reaches 36-38 C, although I did factory reset, unlike my S3 which had a temp of 32-34 even while playing heavy games and browsing internet, I searched for answers before posting but couldn't find any decent one, always would like to know what is normal temp for this beast, thanks

P.S: can 32 gb kingstone class 4 be the cause?? I noticed after removing it that the temp decreased a lot, which SD card do you recommend??
Last edited by darkshaft; 7th May 2014 at 02:09 PM.
7th May 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,044

4,007 posts
Donate to Me
More
Rumors say, that opting out location/interest based ads in Google Settings fixes this issue. May be the cause for overheating for you as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Someguyfromhell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #3  
Flag Toronto, ON (Hong Kong S.A.R.)
Thanks Meter: 1,768

2,371 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshaft

Hello XDA members I just bought Note 3 N9005, but I have a problem that the phone is very warm before 4.4 update and after while wifi on only without even playing, with or without charging, temp reaches 36-38 C, although I did factory reset, unlike my S3 which had a temp of 32-34 even while playing heavy games and browsing internet, I searched for answers before posting but couldn't find any decent one, always would like to know what is normal temp for this beast, thanks

P.S: can 32 gb kingstone class 4 be the cause?? I noticed after removing it that the temp decreased a lot, which SD card do you recommend??

Try formatting your Kingston card. If not, install BetterBatteryStats and see what's draining your battery (higher heat, the more battery drain).
8th May 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 12

271 posts
I have a problem of thr Note 3 overheating while gaming, so I did a little research avout the problem.
You said that when you remove the SD Card the phone is fine?
Might be the Index Service in your phone constantly working.
This service is responsible for file Indexing in our Note 3. I think that there is a file on your SD Card that won't be indexed, and that's why the phone is constantly working to index it.
You ahould check this using the many apps that gives you information about the running processes like BBS, SystemPanel etc..

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to raied115 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th May 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 26

115 posts
Like @Someguyfromhell said. Beginning with Android 4.2, Google has been continuously polling your location. Turn this off and you will eliminate a significant portion of your battery drain.
The Following User Says Thank You to nakedtime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #6  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 675

749 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raied115

I have a problem of thr Note 3 overheating while gaming, so I did a little research avout the problem.
You said that when you remove the SD Card the phone is fine?
Might be the Index Service in your phone constantly working.
This service is responsible for file Indexing in our Note 3. I think that there is a file on your SD Card that won't be indexed, and that's why the phone is constantly working to index it.
You ahould check this using the many apps that gives you information about the running processes like BBS, SystemPanel etc..

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Indexing generally takes 1-3 hours, so just let it be until it's done. I'd recommend cooling it while indexing occurs, just so that you can reduce the battery strain.
The Following User Says Thank You to DrawnToLife For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37

279 posts
Thanks everyone for your answers, problem was solved by formatting SD card

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread