Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 41,230 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 3 issue

Tip us?

darkshaft
Old
(Last edited by darkshaft; 7th May 2014 at 01:09 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Question Note 3 issue

Hello XDA members I just bought Note 3 N9005, but I have a problem that the phone is very warm before 4.4 update and after while wifi on only without even playing, with or without charging, temp reaches 36-38 C, although I did factory reset, unlike my S3 which had a temp of 32-34 even while playing heavy games and browsing internet, I searched for answers before posting but couldn't find any decent one, always would like to know what is normal temp for this beast, thanks

P.S: can 32 gb kingstone class 4 be the cause?? I noticed after removing it that the temp decreased a lot, which SD card do you recommend??
Dr.E

Hit thanks if I helped

Someguyfromhell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1992

DONATE TO ME
Rumors say, that opting out location/interest based ads in Google Settings fixes this issue. May be the cause for overheating for you as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Someguyfromhell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nicholaschum
Old
Thanks Meter 921

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshaft View Post
Hello XDA members I just bought Note 3 N9005, but I have a problem that the phone is very warm before 4.4 update and after while wifi on only without even playing, with or without charging, temp reaches 36-38 C, although I did factory reset, unlike my S3 which had a temp of 32-34 even while playing heavy games and browsing internet, I searched for answers before posting but couldn't find any decent one, always would like to know what is normal temp for this beast, thanks

P.S: can 32 gb kingstone class 4 be the cause?? I noticed after removing it that the temp decreased a lot, which SD card do you recommend??
Try formatting your Kingston card. If not, install BetterBatteryStats and see what's draining your battery (higher heat, the more battery drain).
Problem with ROMs? Try this. Still no? Ask me on Google+!
Root/TWRP/Kernel/ROM/Downgradable and KNOX 0x0 on N900W8? My guide.

Phone: Note 3 - Rogers SM-N900W8
tba, tba, TWRP 2.7.1, NA2 BL, NB7 Modem, KNOX 0x0

Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012)
PA 4.2 Beta 2, TWRP 2.7, Multiboot - UbTouch, Ub13.10, PA, CM11

Note 3 ◆ Xperia Tab P ◆ Nexus 7 ◆ Note II LTE ◆ S III LTE ◆ One X ◆ Note I ◆ Galaxy Nexus ◆ S II LTE ◆ S II

raied115
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I have a problem of thr Note 3 overheating while gaming, so I did a little research avout the problem.
You said that when you remove the SD Card the phone is fine?
Might be the Index Service in your phone constantly working.
This service is responsible for file Indexing in our Note 3. I think that there is a file on your SD Card that won't be indexed, and that's why the phone is constantly working to index it.
You ahould check this using the many apps that gives you information about the running processes like BBS, SystemPanel etc..

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to raied115 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nakedtime
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Like @Someguyfromhell said. Beginning with Android 4.2, Google has been continuously polling your location. Turn this off and you will eliminate a significant portion of your battery drain.
The Following User Says Thank You to nakedtime For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DrawnToLife
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by raied115 View Post
I have a problem of thr Note 3 overheating while gaming, so I did a little research avout the problem.
You said that when you remove the SD Card the phone is fine?
Might be the Index Service in your phone constantly working.
This service is responsible for file Indexing in our Note 3. I think that there is a file on your SD Card that won't be indexed, and that's why the phone is constantly working to index it.
You ahould check this using the many apps that gives you information about the running processes like BBS, SystemPanel etc..

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
Indexing generally takes 1-3 hours, so just let it be until it's done. I'd recommend cooling it while indexing occurs, just so that you can reduce the battery strain.
Tablet 1: iPad 4 ♦ iOS 7.0.4 ♦ Jailbroken
Tablet 2: Nexus 7 (Flo) ♦ Paranoid Android Beta 4.5 Alpha2 ♦ ElementalX Kernel 2.13+ ♦ TWRP ♦ PVS Bin 4
Phone: Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900W8) ♦ Root ♦ Tweaked 3.0 ♦ LeanKernel 3.4 ♦ NB7 Modem ♦ NA2 Bootloader ♦ CWM ♦ Knox 0x0 ♦ PVS Bin 3
Watch: Samsung Gear Live
Previous: iPhone 4 (iOS 6.1.2 Jailbroken) ♦ iPod Touch 3G (iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken)
Use this link if you want 20GB of free cloud storage!
The Following User Says Thank You to DrawnToLife For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

darkshaft
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Thanks everyone for your answers, problem was solved by formatting SD card
Dr.E

Hit thanks if I helped