Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 47,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Date/time stamp issue when transferring vids/pics to computer. Help please.

Tip us?

big bud
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Date/time stamp issue when transferring vids/pics to computer. Help please.

Hi, i am having an issue when transferring my vids/pics from my Z2 to my PC.

On all my previous phones when transferring media to my PC it would be copied and labelled with a date stamp followed by a picture number- an example being 2014-01-13- 0123. This has always made organising and finding my pics/vids in there relavent folders an eay task.

The problem i am now faced with is when i transfer pics/vids from my Z2. The pictures are stamped with DSC_0001 for example and the videos with MOV_0001. This means when on my PC i have to examine each file individually to find out its date and time of origin.

Even more of an headache is everytime i have transferred files from my Z2 and then take more pics/vids and then try to transfer them to my PC the computer will not allow transfer as the stamp on the file i am transferring from my Z2 eg - DSC_0001 is already present on the PC from a previous transfer. This means i have to rename all the PC files first.

I hope this makes sense and hopefully there is an easy fix.

I am new to Android and overall i am very happy with the operating system, being a massive improvement generally over my previous phones. Fingers crossed this is down to my lack of knowledge and just involves a settings change somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Envious_Data
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 856

DONATE TO ME
When recording Videos or taking pictures, sony devices uses the univertal method of time stamping media,

It adds it to the properties of the file

There is no fix for such as far as i currently know, you kinda have to deal with this method of time stamping,

On your pc you can see this by right clicking on a video and clicking properties

Hi there

"Music Makes me forget the traumas that plague my mind. Music is the cure to a normaly unfixable problem"
-Nozomi Yamauchi

http://envious.host-my-rom.eu/
Credits to zantekk for the WebSpace

Deviant Art page
http://enviousdata.deviantart.com/

Monipeev
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Are you trying this app?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...inedev.renamer

This app have option that rename automatically all picture to date and year. Try it.

Send from my Sony Xperia Z2
SONY Xperia Z2 and SONY Xperia T

big bud
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
link not working for me mate.

big bud
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data View Post
When recording Videos or taking pictures, sony devices uses the univertal method of time stamping media,

It adds it to the properties of the file

There is no fix for such as far as i currently know, you kinda have to deal with this method of time stamping,

On your pc you can see this by right clicking on a video and clicking properties
Thank you for the reply, i think we may have crossed wires. The problem i am having is that the files on my sony Z2 are being labelled with numbers not dates - i.e DSC_0001 - 2/3/4/ etc for pics and MOV_0001 - 2/3/4/ etc for movies. When i transfer from my phone to the PC the process begins again from 0001 on my phone. Further transfers then tell me the file already exists on my PC and would i like to replace the original file with the new one.

If the phones was naming the pics/vids with the date and time or not reverting back to 0001 when transferred to my PC my problem would be solved.

Thanks again.