Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,956 Members 48,393 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Please help! Strange problem with my HOX

Tip us?

Fycola123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Please help! Strange problem with my HOX

Yesterday i dropped my device from one feet. It turned off and i turned it on.
Now lower part of screen and capacitative buttons dont work. i will attach a image(non-working area outlined in red)
My warranty has expired so i cant exchange it for a new one. What should i do? Can i fix it by myself?
Please help me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HTC-One-X-Final14.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	2723103  

okhughes
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fycola123 View Post
Yesterday i dropped my device from one feet. It turned off and i turned it on.
Now lower part of screen and capacitative buttons dont work. i will attach a image(non-working area outlined in red)
My warranty has expired so i cant exchange it for a new one. What should i do? Can i fix it by myself?
Please help me

Hi,
Only thing I can think of is that somehow it has damaged the cable from the touchscreen or the tiny wires that feed into the cable without damaging the screen. I came across a brand new screen I was replacing once for someone that had a similar problem where the bottom left hand corner wouldn't respond to touch unless there was firm pressure on the screen to create contact, and this was a brand new screen. It could also be that the touchscreen connector needs to be pushed back onto the board if it's come a bit loose.
If this is the problem, you can fix it by yourself although I'd have a good look around youtube, there are heaps of DIY videos of how to replace screens. If you do go down this path I recommend you replace the touchscreen/LCD/LCD frame in one go, as it's generally already pre- assembled the only thing here is that there are 3 brands of LCD's HTC used with the phone and they aren't all compatible, and you can only tell by pulling down your phone and looking at the LCD flex cable colours, and the other thing is that the screens that are available aren't always the same quality as the original. If this sounds to hard your best bet is to take it somewhere and diagnose the problem just in case it's something else