FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Battery life thread for Galaxy S4 (All models). Upload yours now!

6th May 2014, 01:28 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I have a Galaxy S4 SHV-E330S currently running Official 4.4.2 and only gets 3:30 mins of screen time on my phone. I lose around a percent of battery life every two hours. This is really terrible for me as it is very low compared to other S4 models considering I have the Snapdragon 800 processor, so it's supposed to have more efficient battery life, please post screen shots of your battery usage and screen time as well and the firmware you are currently running. Please indicate the specific model of your S4. Thanks!
Last edited by breaker12; 8th May 2014 at 02:46 PM.
 
 
7th May 2014, 03:24 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Please post your updates, I'll be adding my screenshots soon.
8th May 2014, 02:44 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Here are my screenies:

Battery stats:



My screen time:



PLEASE ALSO UPLOAD YOURS
8th May 2014, 03:35 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
My battery is not the original one but it's quite good. 3h on screen with normal use. This battery drains a lot when screen off

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1399559493524.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	2732457   Click image for larger version

Name:	1399559508680.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	2732458  
9th May 2014, 10:56 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFerb

My battery is not the original one but it's quite good. 3h on screen with normal use. This battery drains a lot when screen off

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app

What model is yours? We have the same battery life and I'm using the original one from Samsung.
9th May 2014, 11:20 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaker12

What model is yours? We have the same battery life and I'm using the original one from Samsung.

GT i9500. My original battery is swollen so I need a new one

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app
9th May 2014, 08:09 PM |#7  
Skipjacks's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 4,175
 
More
See the thread in my signature about battery life. See if any of those tips help you improve your battery life.
9th May 2014, 10:53 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 384
 
More
There is nothing wrong with your screen on time. 3h30m is normal. And losing 1% every 2h? Come on that's really good. That's like 8,3 days standby time.....
10th May 2014, 01:42 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyz1988

There is nothing wrong with your screen on time. 3h30m is normal. And losing 1% every 2h? Come on that's really good. That's like 8,3 days standby time.....

Thanks for the post, sir. What's your screen time and what model do you have. i'ma. Bit disappointed because in gsmarena's review, it says S4 is supposed to have 10 hrs of battery life while browsing the internet. And i'm only reaching about 30% of it!
10th May 2014, 01:31 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 384
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaker12

Thanks for the post, sir. What's your screen time and what model do you have. i'ma. Bit disappointed because in gsmarena's review, it says S4 is supposed to have 10 hrs of battery life while browsing the internet. And i'm only reaching about 30% of it!

I have an i9505. 10 hours browsing is impossible to achieve. Maybe they mean browsing with your screen off
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes