Samsung basebands and fake devices

OP marv_in_lbc

9th May 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Long Beach, CA
Thanks Meter: 23

118 posts
More
In my experience, a real Samsung device will have the model # as the first few characters of the baseband, am I right or wrong?

My question is about determining fakes: Will a fake device have a baseband set up to look like a real Samsung baseband or will the fake device always have a baseband that looks nothing like a Samsung version?

I saw this webpage about fakes appearing in Thailand: http://www.soyacincau.com/2014/04/26...the-real-deal/. The basband shown in the photos looks nothing like anything I've ever seen on a Samsung device. I was just wondering if that holds true for all fakes - basically, would checking the baseband be the absolute fool-proof way to determine a fake device?
Last edited by marv_in_lbc; 9th May 2014 at 08:49 PM.
10th May 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #2  
Flag Tien Giang
Thanks Meter: 20

84 posts
More
I live in Vietnam and Samsung makes their phones here. I see mobile store buying parts (still the exact parts from official phones) from unofficial sources, put it together and copy the official imei of an official phone to cheat the customers. Then they put them in boxes with seal and papers look exactly like a new phone...Those Samsung phones (most popular is note2 s4 note3 s5) works like **** and often have China battery and other parts.

The stores often tell the customers that those phone is carried from abroad and sell it at a cheaper price. (I bought mine at Samsung showroom for 800$ and they sell theirs for 600$)

It's best to buy from certified retailers.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread