Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,767,951 Members 39,719 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I need help with installing 2 things. Been going at it for a week or two.

Tip us?

PraisethesunnyD
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] I need help with installing 2 things. Been going at it for a week or two.

I have been trying for a week to get this pacman aio rom ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2667834 ) to actually work on my Samsung Galaxy S4 SAMSUNG-SGH-1337Z . I don't even know how to install clockworkrecovery on it either ! If someone can please tell me the steps on how to do it and I'll gladly do it.

TL;DR I dont know how to put 4.4 kitkat pacman rom on my s4 and i need to learn how to install clockwork recovery mod onto it too.

Lennyz1988
Old
Thanks Meter 200
Stop what you are doing. You are making really really big mistakes.

The link that you posted is for a different device. It's for the Moto G. If you flash that one your device, chances are you can trow your cellphone into the bin.

Second, you don't have a standard S4, you have one from AT&T. You are in the wrong part of the forum.

I think untill you stop making these basic mistakes, you should stop trying to flash. Browse the correct forum for you device, read and learn. If you keep going this way then you end up with a bricked device.

Go read the threads in this part and learn the basics: http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-att
Current:

Samsung Galaxy S 4 I9505 | WanamLite v2.6

Retired:

Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 : AOKP 4.2.1
HTC Touch Pro2 | ROM: Valkyrie 6.5.23115TR2.5
HTC HD2 | DarkStone1337 [FroyoStone Sense - V3.2]
HTC Desire : Oxygen v2.1.3
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennyz1988 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PraisethesunnyD
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyz1988 View Post
Stop what you are doing. You are making really really big mistakes.

The link that you posted is for a different device. It's for the Moto G. If you flash that one your device, chances are you can trow your cellphone into the bin.

Second, you don't have a standard S4, you have one from AT&T. You are in the wrong part of the forum.

I think untill you stop making these basic mistakes, you should stop trying to flash. Browse the correct forum for you device, read and learn. If you keep going this way then you end up with a bricked device.

Go read the threads in this part and learn the basics: http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-att
i just need to know which thing to download from http://pacman.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/jflte/

Lennyz1988
Old
Thanks Meter 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by PraisethesunnyD View Post
i just need to know which thing to download from http://pacman.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/jflte/
No you don't. You need to read how to root, how to install a recovery. Then you can start thinking of flashing roms. Do you know for certain that Pacman is available for your device?
Current:

Retired:

PraisethesunnyD
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
No you don't. You need to read how to root, how to install a recovery. Then you can start thinking of flashing roms. Do you know for certain that Pacman is available for your device?
Already rooted with kingo and i dont know how to use TWRP because it doesnt have my device when i go to install recovery.
yes pacman is available its all aio types like 1337Z so yeah man i need this so bad ive been trying for so long !

PraisethesunnyD
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
ok i have recovery now which one do i pick in the link i sent

Lennyz1988
Old
Thanks Meter 200
I would pick the latest nightly.
Current:

Retired: