Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Reflashed stock, now stuck on 4.3

OP Ellipsis_

6th May 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I used SHIELD RAM to reflash back to stock (was previously rooted on KitKat) which went fine but I can't convince the Shield to get any updates, it just says "Your system is up to date".

I tried doing a factory reset from Recovery Mode but still nothing. I wondered if something had gone wrong so I ran RAM again and did another full restore but am still having the same problem. Help?
6th May 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 54

250 posts
I did reset erase all data in options and that appeared to fix the problem for me. What happened was the OTA update wouldn't download

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6th May 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Thanks eikast, I've just tried that too but the problem remains. If I go to Settings -> About Shield -> System Updates -> Check Now it simply says "Your system is up to date" even though it's running 4.3 (build no JSS15J.01.00.14422.0068)
6th May 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipsis_

Thanks eikast, I've just tried that too but the problem remains. If I go to Settings -> About Shield -> System Updates -> Check Now it simply says "Your system is up to date" even though it's running 4.3 (build no JSS15J.01.00.14422.0068)

What country are you in? If youre not in the united states it could be why. If you cant get it theres a couple methods to do it manually.
6th May 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexitnow

What country are you in? If youre not in the united states it could be why. If you cant get it theres a couple methods to do it manually.

I'm in the UK. I managed to get some help from Josh at Nvidia and he reset the OTA flag their end and the update popped up instantly. It seems Nvidia add devices which have had the update (or think have had it) to a 'group' which can then prevent those devices seeing it again.
7th May 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #6  
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 3

55 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipsis_

I used SHIELD RAM to reflash back to stock (was previously rooted on KitKat) which went fine but I can't convince the Shield to get any updates, it just says "Your system is up to date".

I tried doing a factory reset from Recovery Mode but still nothing. I wondered if something had gone wrong so I ran RAM again and did another full restore but am still having the same problem. Help?

This has happened to me quite a few times... simply use it a few days, it will eventually tell you to update. Other than that, I've never gotten it to manually see the update.
7th May 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #7  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 10

61 posts
More
Clearing the data for Google services worked for me.

Regards,
John Francis
10th May 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #8  

1 posts
same problem for me...i live in Italy...i not received the update i still remain on 4.3...can someone help me???
thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread