Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,547 Members 43,329 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Reflashed stock, now stuck on 4.3

Tip us?

Ellipsis_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Reflashed stock, now stuck on 4.3

I used SHIELD RAM to reflash back to stock (was previously rooted on KitKat) which went fine but I can't convince the Shield to get any updates, it just says "Your system is up to date".

I tried doing a factory reset from Recovery Mode but still nothing. I wondered if something had gone wrong so I ran RAM again and did another full restore but am still having the same problem. Help?

eikast
Old
Thanks Meter 54
I did reset erase all data in options and that appeared to fix the problem for me. What happened was the OTA update wouldn't download

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ellipsis_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks eikast, I've just tried that too but the problem remains. If I go to Settings -> About Shield -> System Updates -> Check Now it simply says "Your system is up to date" even though it's running 4.3 (build no JSS15J.01.00.14422.0068)

hexitnow
Old
Thanks Meter 328

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipsis_ View Post
Thanks eikast, I've just tried that too but the problem remains. If I go to Settings -> About Shield -> System Updates -> Check Now it simply says "Your system is up to date" even though it's running 4.3 (build no JSS15J.01.00.14422.0068)
What country are you in? If youre not in the united states it could be why. If you cant get it theres a couple methods to do it manually.
and-roms.com
Nvidia Shield Root and More

KR-1:~ KRIEGER$ chown -R US ./base
chown: ./base: No such file or directory
KR-1:~ KRIEGER$ mkdir ./base
KR-1:~ KRIEGER$ chown -R US ./base
ownership changed

Ellipsis_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexitnow View Post
What country are you in? If youre not in the united states it could be why. If you cant get it theres a couple methods to do it manually.
I'm in the UK. I managed to get some help from Josh at Nvidia and he reset the OTA flag their end and the update popped up instantly. It seems Nvidia add devices which have had the update (or think have had it) to a 'group' which can then prevent those devices seeing it again.

Doodle210
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipsis_ View Post
I used SHIELD RAM to reflash back to stock (was previously rooted on KitKat) which went fine but I can't convince the Shield to get any updates, it just says "Your system is up to date".

I tried doing a factory reset from Recovery Mode but still nothing. I wondered if something had gone wrong so I ran RAM again and did another full restore but am still having the same problem. Help?
This has happened to me quite a few times... simply use it a few days, it will eventually tell you to update. Other than that, I've never gotten it to manually see the update.

jfrancis999
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Clearing the data for Google services worked for me.

Regards,
John Francis

kyuss1972
Old
Thanks Meter 0
same problem for me...i live in Italy...i not received the update i still remain on 4.3...can someone help me???
thanks