[Solved]Deleted the weather app animations

OP aliud

1st April 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Catania
Thanks Meter: 9

80 posts
More
Hi, after a factory reset from twrp, i lost all the preinstalled apps and the weather app animation. Right now i'm downloadind viper one to try to extract them e put them back into my one. Should it works? Any other help?

Edit
Just extact from any stock-based rom the folder "weather" from system>media and put into the same folder in my One. Put permission to 755, restart and everything works fine!
Last edited by aliud; 1st April 2014 at 11:05 PM.
10th May 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliud

Hi, after a factory reset from twrp, i lost all the preinstalled apps and the weather app animation. Right now i'm downloadind viper one to try to extract them e put them back into my one. Should it works? Any other help?

Edit
Just extact from any stock-based rom the folder "weather" from system>media and put into the same folder in my One. Put permission to 755, restart and everything works fine!

I need some help. I have the same problem. I downloaded a stock rom and copied the folder on my phone via usb cable. I tried to copy the weather folder in /system/media and it only copies around 20 files, not all 36 of them. Anyway, after reboot the folder is gone. Can someone please tell me what am i doing wrong and why does the folder disappear on restart?
10th May 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #3  
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,283

3,310 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhm81

I need some help. I have the same problem. I downloaded a stock rom and copied the folder on my phone via usb cable. I tried to copy the weather folder in /system/media and it only copies around 20 files, not all 36 of them. Anyway, after reboot the folder is gone. Can someone please tell me what am i doing wrong and why does the folder disappear on restart?

You can't write files to /system unless you have an unsecured kernel, otherwise all files will be deleted after reboot like you are experiencing. Weather animations are stored in /data/preload btw.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-10-10-03-01[1].jpg
Views:	20
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	2736085  
10th May 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

You can't write files to /system unless you have an unsecured kernel, otherwise all files will be deleted after reboot like you are experiencing. Weather animations are stored in /data/preload btw.

ok, thanks for the info. I copied the files in data/preload and restarted the phone and it doesn't work. I rooted my phone a week ago and I noticed the weather wasn't animated anymore and I searched the forum for a solution and this thread said "solved" and that was the solution to copy them in system/media/weather/. Do you have any idea why isn't it working?

Thanks!

nervermind - permissions 755
Last edited by paulhm81; 10th May 2014 at 04:34 PM.
10th May 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #5  
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,283

3,310 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhm81

ok, thanks for the info. I copied the files in data/preload and restarted the phone and it doesn't work. I rooted my phone a week ago and I noticed the weather wasn't animated anymore and I searched the forum for a solution and this thread said "solved" and that was the solution to copy them in system/media/weather/. Do you have any idea why isn't it working?

Thanks!

nervermind - permissions 755

I guess it depend on what sw version you are. On dev edition sw they are located in /data/preload. If you lost you weather animation, I guess its because you have unlocked bootloader. When you unlock the bootloader, /data get wiped including the /preload folder where stock apps like calculator, flashlight etc are stored and where the weather animations are stored. Don't forget to set permission to rw-r-r for all files in /data/preload
Last edited by alray; 10th May 2014 at 04:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread