Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,721 Members 52,496 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Kitty Katty V1 | Android 4.4+ UI | Xolo A700 & Micromax A89

Tip us?

xXx~~~SHLOK~~~xXx
Old
Thanks Meter 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by A N D Y View Post
What's Your Android Version? It's ICS
I know its ics. Mine is ics too.
To disable sig check I make a tutorial http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2725233
My Works

MiniS3,MiniJb And Jellybean Launcher
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2206040

Themes For These Launchers
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2226226

Forever Alone
Old
Thanks Meter 811
This is just awesome ROM bro! Is it like Note 3 ROM which is ported to many devices or you created the ROM and designed all the things?
My real story: (a Meme)

m0han
Old
(Last edited by m0han; 8th May 2014 at 09:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 496
Quote:
Kitty Katty Project, a ROM for Xolo A700 & Micromax A89 Ninja
Quote:
Requirements:
Lava XOLO A700 device
-if this is not your device, stay away!
i'd like to try this rom on a friend's device. it is not Lava XOLO A700; but Micromax A89 Ninja.

a89 users should download
i) KittyKattyROM_20140107.zip, ii) KK_ROM_A89FIX.zip and iii) KK-Dialer-Boot-A89-Patch.zip
and flash them in succession in the same order. is that correct?

@A N D Y, please post an updated, consolidated procedure for Micromax A89 Ninja (to get your rom to install/run trouble-free). thanks a lot.

edit: will the cwm and stock recoveries from this thread both work on micromax a89 ninja?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m0han For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LijoDXL
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Pure Awesomeness...

Stunned by the brilliance of this ROM. Dude, A N D Y!!! a million thanks to you man.
I have been using your ROM on my ninja a89 for one month now and it is absolutely brilliant. Loving the looks, features and smoothness that it has given to my phone. The recent app display, notification bar, long press icon to display uninstall option, it is so cool!!! I flashed pure performance also, so it is buttery smooth now.
Asteroid setting is not working, when I click on sound effects->viper4android asteroid setting FCs [but the don't care because I already have the settings that I need ]

The only issue that is bothering me is that when I lock my screen, sometimes the screen flashes with white light, it stops if I press the lock button again and returns to normal. During the first week, system UI crashes were frequent but now it happens very rarely. What I speculate is that the white screen flashing occurs when System UI crashes when the phone is locked. If you can fix this small problem your ROM will be totally perfect.

spg89
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LijoDXL View Post
Stunned by the brilliance of this ROM. Dude, A N D Y!!! a million thanks to you man.
I have been using your ROM on my ninja a89 for one month now and it is absolutely brilliant. Loving the looks, features and smoothness that it has given to my phone. The recent app display, notification bar, long press icon to display uninstall option, it is so cool!!! I flashed pure performance also, so it is buttery smooth now.
Asteroid setting is not working, when I click on sound effects->viper4android asteroid setting FCs [but the don't care because I already have the settings that I need ]

The only issue that is bothering me is that when I lock my screen, sometimes the screen flashes with white light, it stops if I press the lock button again and returns to normal. During the first week, system UI crashes were frequent but now it happens very rarely. What I speculate is that the white screen flashing occurs when System UI crashes when the phone is locked. If you can fix this small problem your ROM will be totally perfect.
have you checked the messaging in landscape?the ui is like stretched out

A N D Y
Old
(Last edited by A N D Y; 9th May 2014 at 12:14 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 822
Quote:

So, that can rather be fixed by Wiping Cache and Dalvik Cache. If still you face any issue. PM me, I'm free to deal with you issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by spg89 View Post
Sorry Friend! I know many Ninja Users are facing the issue, so I can't fix the resolution as of now. You can try your stock MMS.apk to fix the Messaging issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0han View Post
i'd like to try this rom on a friend's device. it is not Lava XOLO A700; but Micromax A89 Ninja.

a89 users should download
i) KittyKattyROM_20140107.zip, ii) KK_ROM_A89FIX.zip and iii) KK-Dialer-Boot-A89-Patch.zip
and flash them in succession in the same order. is that correct?

@A N D Y, please post an updated, consolidated procedure for Micromax A89 Ninja (to get your rom to install/run trouble-free). thanks a lot.

edit: will the cwm and stock recoveries from this thread both work on micromax a89 ninja?
Yup! Done.
BTW Custom Recovery of Xolo A700 won't work. You can try Ninja's own stock and clockwork mod recovery so that you won't face any issue!

Android Device Family:
Xolo Q1100, with 1.4 GHz Qualcomm MSM8228 and 4.3 Android Version
Xolo A700, with 1.0 GHz MediaTek 6577 and 4.0.4 Android Version
Xolo Q700i, with 1.2 GHz MediaTek 6589 and 4.3 Android Version
Sony Tipo ST21i. with 800 MHz Qualcomm MSM7225AA and 4.1.2 Android Version

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A N D Y For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LijoDXL
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by spg89 View Post
Yaaa, you are right..it is stretched out but still workable, once you bring up the keyboard it is kind of okay (I never use landscape mode for texting, so am safe )

spg89
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Yaaa, you are right..it is stretched out but still workable, once you bring up the keyboard it is kind of okay (I never use landscape mode for texting, so am safe )
well my fingers are little big...so i use landscape

Tags
kitkat rom for mt6577, kitkat ui for xolo a700, xolo a700 custom os