Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,690 Members 46,866 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

M8's case from the package, where to buy?

Tip us?

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2882
Have to say mine is a week old and hasn't shown any sort of wear as yet, and this is in jeans and my work trousers. Not sure what the hell happened to the other guys case!

anyway, it was free so even if it does start to show wear I'm not that bothered
HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Grey) 16GB
ROM: 1.54.401.10 (KOT49H) | HBOOT: 3.16.0.0000 S-OFF | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: 1.16.2133156.UA15G_20.18m.4096.07L | Kernel: Stock | CID: HTC__001

OnePlus One (Sandstone Black) 64GB *** PENDING ***

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required)

jthorny75
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
Have to say mine is a week old and hasn't shown any sort of wear as yet, and this is in jeans and my work trousers. Not sure what the hell happened to the other guys case!

anyway, it was free so even if it does start to show wear I'm not that bothered
got mine from verizon, only got it for the discount but i do have to say clear cases look awesome ftw!

timsah
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey2487 View Post
seriously dude, did you have rocks in your pocket or something, or drop it a million times, or leave it on the roof of your car? i find it extremely hard for that to happen to your case from your "jean pockets." not trying to be mean or anything but i think your story about this case is a little farfetched. all the research i've done on this case has been nothing but positive
I have other friends/colleagues, who have the same problem. It is up to you, if you believe or not. I just wanted to warn other users, who wants to pay for this crap.

Mooozer
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey2487 View Post
seriously dude, did you have rocks in your pocket or something, or drop it a million times, or leave it on the roof of your car? i find it extremely hard for that to happen to your case from your "jean pockets." not trying to be mean or anything but i think your story about this case is a little farfetched. all the research i've done on this case has been nothing but positive
I'm sorry to disappoint but my case starts wearing off on the edges too. I only wear jeans and not the tightest ones at that. I never dropped my Phone and i do not have a car. Hence i didn't even leave the phone and case in bright sunlight to heat up or something.

Mooozer
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Made a picture if mine few days ago. Here it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0066.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	2724711  

MohammadAG
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4644

DONATE TO ME
The case was included in the box for me, as a temporary case, it's fine, but I'd strongly suggest buying a different case if you're going to order one.

I, myself, have ordered a Dot View case, but I'd suggest getting a Spigen or something if you're ordering one.

Here's mine, been in use for a since 27/4, I usually take care of my devices so I'm not sure how it was scratched this much, but that shows how scratch prone it is:
Follow me on Twitter: @MohammadAG
Google+: https://plus.google.com/103508952817353883168/posts

Check out my Xposed modules.
Send files with Android Beamô on Android 4.1+: File Beam (Touch to Send)
Enable USB Mass Storage Mode on Samsung devices with SG USB Mass Storage Enabler.
Use your flashlight at different brightness levels with Adjustable Torch.
Enable Music Controls on your S-View screen with S-View Music Controls

jpbl1976
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsah View Post
Guys, the case delivered with the international version sucks big time. I am using it since release 04.04.14

- It is not close to perfect fit. The handset could come out anytime easily.
- The part for micro-usb and phone jack doesn't close all the way after 3-4 days. I decided to cut that piece to avoid hassle.
- The ruber looks already worn just from putting in my jeans pocket.

Not recommended by any means

I've had mine as long as you have and... what the heck do you do with your device? Either your jeans are too tight and caused all that scuffing or you're doing something else with it because mine looks pretty much the same as it did the day I got it -- and the flap still closes properly.

Android Devices: Moto Droid, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, Samsung Galaxy SII, Sony XPeria Arc, LG Optimus 2X, HTC Desire S, HTC Sensation, Google Nexus 7, HTC One M7, Sony XPeria Z1, Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One M8
iOS: iPhone 4s, 5, 5s

MistaBishi
Old
Thanks Meter 66
I've got it on my M8, and its scratched, port covers doesn't close properly, and doesn't slide in and out of pockets very well. Good for a case that comes with the phone but wouldn't recommend buying it if you didn't get it with your phone.

timsah
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbl1976 View Post
I've had mine as long as you have and... what the heck do you do with your device? Either your jeans are too tight and caused all that scuffing or you're doing something else with it because mine looks pretty much the same as it did the day I got it -- and the flap still closes properly.
I was rubbing the case against a rock, the only thing i had in mind was to make HTC look bad. You got me, dude! wow...

Anyway, i am using dot view cover now. THAT is indeed something, i can recommend to protect your device. It is a little uncomortable to write with 2 hands though...