Galaxy Note 3 Lollipop Leak, Failed Find 5 Update – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has been leaked! That and … more

Firefox OS Architecture and Collaboration Opportunities w/ Asa Dotzler – XDA:DevCon 2014

We were privileged to host many presentations … more

Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

M8's case from the package, where to buy?

OP jhun80

28th April 2014, 08:37 AM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,248

13,617 posts
More
Have to say mine is a week old and hasn't shown any sort of wear as yet, and this is in jeans and my work trousers. Not sure what the hell happened to the other guys case!

anyway, it was free so even if it does start to show wear I'm not that bothered
28th April 2014, 10:25 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS

Have to say mine is a week old and hasn't shown any sort of wear as yet, and this is in jeans and my work trousers. Not sure what the hell happened to the other guys case!

anyway, it was free so even if it does start to show wear I'm not that bothered

got mine from verizon, only got it for the discount but i do have to say clear cases look awesome ftw!
28th April 2014, 10:43 AM   |  #13  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 25

228 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey2487

seriously dude, did you have rocks in your pocket or something, or drop it a million times, or leave it on the roof of your car? i find it extremely hard for that to happen to your case from your "jean pockets." not trying to be mean or anything but i think your story about this case is a little farfetched. all the research i've done on this case has been nothing but positive

I have other friends/colleagues, who have the same problem. It is up to you, if you believe or not. I just wanted to warn other users, who wants to pay for this crap.
28th April 2014, 11:03 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 38

112 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey2487

seriously dude, did you have rocks in your pocket or something, or drop it a million times, or leave it on the roof of your car? i find it extremely hard for that to happen to your case from your "jean pockets." not trying to be mean or anything but i think your story about this case is a little farfetched. all the research i've done on this case has been nothing but positive

I'm sorry to disappoint but my case starts wearing off on the edges too. I only wear jeans and not the tightest ones at that. I never dropped my Phone and i do not have a car. Hence i didn't even leave the phone and case in bright sunlight to heat up or something.
4th May 2014, 10:52 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 38

112 posts
More
Made a picture if mine few days ago. Here it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0066.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	2724711  
4th May 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #16  
Recognized Developer
Flag Jerusalem
Thanks Meter: 5,209

1,079 posts
Donate to Me
More
The case was included in the box for me, as a temporary case, it's fine, but I'd strongly suggest buying a different case if you're going to order one.

I, myself, have ordered a Dot View case, but I'd suggest getting a Spigen or something if you're ordering one.

Here's mine, been in use for a since 27/4, I usually take care of my devices so I'm not sure how it was scratched this much, but that shows how scratch prone it is:
5th May 2014, 08:40 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 36

204 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsah

Guys, the case delivered with the international version sucks big time. I am using it since release 04.04.14

- It is not close to perfect fit. The handset could come out anytime easily.
- The part for micro-usb and phone jack doesn't close all the way after 3-4 days. I decided to cut that piece to avoid hassle.
- The ruber looks already worn just from putting in my jeans pocket.

Not recommended by any means

I've had mine as long as you have and... what the heck do you do with your device? Either your jeans are too tight and caused all that scuffing or you're doing something else with it because mine looks pretty much the same as it did the day I got it -- and the flap still closes properly.
5th May 2014, 09:19 AM   |  #18  
Flag Devonport
Thanks Meter: 79

230 posts
More
I've got it on my M8, and its scratched, port covers doesn't close properly, and doesn't slide in and out of pockets very well. Good for a case that comes with the phone but wouldn't recommend buying it if you didn't get it with your phone.
10th May 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #19  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 25

228 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbl1976

I've had mine as long as you have and... what the heck do you do with your device? Either your jeans are too tight and caused all that scuffing or you're doing something else with it because mine looks pretty much the same as it did the day I got it -- and the flap still closes properly.

I was rubbing the case against a rock, the only thing i had in mind was to make HTC look bad. You got me, dude! wow...

Anyway, i am using dot view cover now. THAT is indeed something, i can recommend to protect your device. It is a little uncomortable to write with 2 hands though...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread