Ask a question

No registration required

computer does not recognize shield

OP joshuarivera

9th May 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
i'm trying to connect my shield to my computer to do some basic android development (i have an app, it works on other devices, want to test it on the shield).

my problem is, when i plug it into the computer, nothing happens. to clarify, i don't mean that the drivers don't install correctly and then i can't do anything. what is happening is actually nothing. the computer (windows 8) does not recognize anything is happening, the device manager does not see any new devices even after scanning for hardware changes.

the shield is in development mode, and has usb debugging turned on, but i don't get any response anywhere. the shield does at least appear to charge over the usb cable, but that's it. listing adb devices also provides no output.

do you guys have any idea what might be going on that the device isn't recognized on any level that i can tell?
10th May 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

28 posts
It sounds like either the USB port or the cable you're using is faulty.

Have you tried switching USB ports, to see if it's recognized then? And have you tried using a different cable?
10th May 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuarivera

i'm trying to connect my shield to my computer to do some basic android development (i have an app, it works on other devices, want to test it on the shield).

my problem is, when i plug it into the computer, nothing happens. to clarify, i don't mean that the drivers don't install correctly and then i can't do anything. what is happening is actually nothing. the computer (windows 8) does not recognize anything is happening, the device manager does not see any new devices even after scanning for hardware changes.

the shield is in development mode, and has usb debugging turned on, but i don't get any response anywhere. the shield does at least appear to charge over the usb cable, but that's it. listing adb devices also provides no output.

do you guys have any idea what might be going on that the device isn't recognized on any level that i can tell?

If youre just trying to connect thru adb you need the universal naked driver. If the shield isnt being mounted try a different usb port and make sure youre using the shield cable as well. My samsung cable will charge it but i cant transfer data with it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread