Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,279 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Minor question about going from S-OFF to S-ON. Can anyone help me?

Tip us?

SineandCosine
Old
(Last edited by SineandCosine; 9th May 2014 at 08:10 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Minor question about going from S-OFF to S-ON. Can anyone help me?

Hey, friends. I have to send my HTC One back to HTC to receive a replacement (purple camera tint glitch.) I am on 4.4.2 with H-BOOT 1.56 and I was wondering if I would I be able to get S-OFF again after I put my phone back in S-ON mode (in the case that HTC rejects my device?) Should I downgrade to a lower HBOOT to be able to go back to S-OFF? Thank you. Looking for a response ASAP because I want to send this phone in before the warranty runs out.

Edit: I read that I should get H-BOOT 1.44. If I S-ON on H-BOOT 1.44, will I be able to go S-OFF again?
Phones owned:
Samsung Galaxy S2X [Telus] -> HTC One [Telus]

Current phone:
32 GB HTC One - GPE

nateboi81
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Well it depends. Often when they fix your phone they update you to the latest hboot. If you managed to get s off with 1.56 before you should be able to again. As with sending it in s off or s on some people have had issues in some countries others no issues....

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

raghav kapur
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by SineandCosine View Post
Hey, friends. I have to send my HTC One back to HTC to receive a replacement (purple camera tint glitch.) I am on 4.4.2 with H-BOOT 1.56 and I was wondering if I would I be able to get S-OFF again after I put my phone back in S-ON mode (in the case that HTC rejects my device?) Should I downgrade to a lower HBOOT to be able to go back to S-OFF? Thank you. Looking for a response ASAP because I want to send this phone in before the warranty runs out.

Edit: I read that I should get H-BOOT 1.44. If I S-ON on H-BOOT 1.44, will I be able to go S-OFF again?
Yes, you can re-S-OFF the phone. Till HBOOT 1.55, S-OFF can be achieved again. But, whatever you do, don't upgrade to 1.56 coz there are many people who are unable to.
Tags
htc one, s-off